Recent content by Rubix3D

1. Rubix3D

Worklog Rubix's 1st Portable

Here's some better pictures of the case: I nicked the front of it a little bit, and it's not perfect, but I think it turned out good.
  2. Rubix3D

Question WiiU Gamepad Portable Wii Case

could always 3d print one as well
  3. Rubix3D

they're cropped pictures o.o I'll take some higher quality ones when I get the PMS working :D
  4. Rubix3D

Got the case all finished up! Here is the case straight off of my Ender 3 Pro I sanded both of them down with 180 grit sandpaper and then applied the bondo Jump ahead about 8 hours and this is our fully sanded product. Sanded 180 > 220 > 400 > 600> 800 > 2000 This is after I sprayed...
  5. Rubix3D

Question Sanding advice and other things

You need to sand the case until you like how it looks. But, you should should keep sanding until its completely smooth if you want it to look nice. As for the "thing behind the screen," it's another 3d printed part that you need to keep the screen, speakers and Z button in place.
  6. Rubix3D

Worklog WiiSPii 1.0 (Wii in an SP Shell)

Love the idea! Can't wait to see how it looks :D
  7. Rubix3D

WTB: Wii PMS/U-AMP

Fair enough. Thank you :)
  8. Rubix3D

WTB: Wii PMS/U-AMP

With the coronavirus delaying the shops restock, I was curious if anyone had extras they'd be willing to sell. :)
  9. Rubix3D

Oh. That's actually really interesting. Thank you!
  10. Rubix3D

Thanks! I spent a lot of time double and triple checking all of the guides and worklogs to get it right. What's the purpose of twisting the data wires together?
  11. Rubix3D

Ok boys, big steps forward in the past few days. After the bluetooth relocation I decided to just trim it. I wanted to keep the RTC (Real-Time Clock) in my build so I could play games like Animal Crossing without problems. I also obviously need USB ports so I wanted to trim those off the board...
  12. Rubix3D

Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

Agreed. From my own experience in just the past few days the legs on the u10 are VERY fragile. Put a big blob of flux on the u10 and remove as much solder as you can with your solder wick. Then you'll just have to alternate sides of the u10 with your soldering iron until it comes free. It...
  13. Rubix3D

I'm... not entirely sure yet. I like the design of @GingerOfOz's Louii case. I have my own 3d printer and a decent knowledge of fusion360, so I might still design my own. I'm probably going to end up waiting until I know everything is working and then making a case around it.
  14. Rubix3D

Hey folks! I've spent a lot of time reading all of the guides/material/videos and I think I'm ready to get started! My current BOM is looking something like: Buy from BB: Audio Amp, PMS, Dual Tacts, GC+ Buy From other: 5" Screen, Speakers, Headphone Jack, Power Jack, Fan, Heatsink, Switch...
  15. Rubix3D

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey everyone! I've been interested in electronics for a while and stumbled across the wii portablizing scene. Can't wait to learn as much as I can!