Recent content by RoseDagger

1. RoseDagger

Worklog Reviive Worklog and Questions - Portable Wii Brought Back From The Dead!

Sounds good, yes that one will work fine
  2. RoseDagger

Worklog Reviive Worklog and Questions - Portable Wii Brought Back From The Dead!

Be careful that battery-caddy seems to take two batteries in series, not parallel! Batteries in series increase the voltage, while parallel increases capacity. Having the two batteries in series doubles the voltage, which will exceed what the PMS is supposed to handle.
  3. RoseDagger

Question How Do I Install Buttons?

Edit your previous post instead of spamming, please. Especially when it is so shortly after each other and there have been no answers. You also need to kinda be able to navigate the forums and do research on your own and read up. People here can't answer your every question and lead your hand...
  4. RoseDagger

If you still want to continue trying to fix this portable, then i would suggest getting a battery caddy or something so you can easily switch batteries and remove them whenever you aren't actively trying to boot it. And/or add a on-off switch between batteries and the pms so you can disconnect...
  5. RoseDagger

2021 Contest Entry: GB Adwiince v2

Sooo it's many hours past the deadline, but I felt like making a worklog update anyway on everything I have done, and add a final video. So the measurements ended up being about 190mm x 82mm x 27mm And the final to late submission video It has been a fun journey, and using the...
  6. RoseDagger

I'm so fucking sad, I think I bricked my Wii in the home stretch. It won't turn on anymore, 1v resistance is at a whopping 59k instead of the 100s something it normally is, and when powered on, the pms only supplies 0.5v on the 1v rail. The compendium sais 1v basically only goes to the GPU, and...
  7. RoseDagger

Nice, I would also suggest to check for shorts before connecting the batteries. Checking the positive and negative wires for the batteries, and the different voltage outputs on the pms or from the wii to gnd, and make sure that the resistances are not 0, we still don't know that killed the...
  8. RoseDagger

First anything really

Well, first you need to remove all the components you cut through, and you can remove the components on the outside of the inner cutlines (aka the components in the lower-left corner of this image). And you need to sand down the edges to avoid shorts, sand at an angle instead of flat with the...
  9. RoseDagger

Well my wii stopped booting properly after I added the mx, gc, u-amp, and updated the sd from the old bbloader to rvloader (yes I should have tested between each thing I added, but well I didn't) The screen turns on, and displays a black image, it does not say that there is "No signal" so the...
  10. RoseDagger

So soldered of most of the data lines, only missing the Bluetooth module, then simple things like speakers, rumble, and clock battery, and checking that everything works as intended, but I have to call it quits for now as it is 2am, and I don't want to do any (more) mistakes. Ended up...
  11. RoseDagger

Btw NCR is Panasonic batteries, and those green ones are quite commonly used and reliable, so it is probably not the battery quality that was the issue. I would still place my bet on a short unintentionally draining/destroying them. And the B variant as far as I know is button top with no...
  12. RoseDagger

0.68v sounds super super dead Batteries below 2.5v need special equipment to charge, and Lithium batteries don't like to be deep cycled, so even if you managed to charge them, they would likely be rather degraded if they managed to drop so low somehow (Maybe a short completely drained them, as...
  13. RoseDagger

Screen running on 5v help

Hey, I have the same board, and I successfully ran it in this configuration, so you can look at which components I have removed I have also labeled where you can input 5v (Red) and ground (Black). There is a lot of places where you can supply ground, just use a multimeter and check that there is...
  14. RoseDagger

So hello again ^^ Have been working on placing the daughter pcbs on top of my custom pcbs Mounting the old pcbs that don't have castellated edges was a real pain, eventually figured out a system that worked pretty well, but it was so frustrating, and I'm still not sure if everything on the gc2+...
  15. RoseDagger

So my pcbs arrived, and it felt awesome, they fit pretty much exactly as I wanted them to, and it just feels great seeing something I have put so much work into turning out so nice. (Sure there is no logic on them, and they don't really do anything interesting other than removing the need to...