Recent content by riess

1. riess

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

@Booshman Personally, I think the best solution and the easiest for you is to use the GameCube style n64 replacement joystick its plugandplay, fully compatible with the original n64controller. I bought it on eBay. This is a hong kong base seller maybe cheaper for you...
  2. riess

Question My 8 year old n64 portable charge and play

Late Update. 2x Rev4 boards died on me after minimal trim don't know what the problem is so I used an older model with 2 ram chips=more heat :( Sanded them smooth and checked everything before turning them on. They worked but stopped after some days. O I found a solution to the charge and...
  3. riess

Great paint job! I did sort of the same a couple of weeks ago. I kept all 10 screw-posts and worked around them so the case will still close sturdy. Also, i used the wii-U pad button holders to use the wii-U shoulder buttons and Z buttons.
  4. riess

Did it work before you moved the 12v and 3.3v to the top? How are you supplying the 3.3v? Is it working without the battery? is it working if you move the input back to your previous solder points? BTW which screen are you using?
  5. riess

Worklog VOS MOD's Second N64 Portable - The "N64C"

Great design and good to see that your making progress. For your expansion pack, there are 2 methods that work well. I recommend using the original expansion pack as these have 1 ram chip instead of 2 and are half the size... Method. 1 You can remove the plastic around the pins from the...
  6. riess

Question N64 expansion pack help

The first time I tried to make an n64 more portable I soldered the expansion pack directly to the pins from the slot it should sit in. But this is quite hard to do because of the precise removal of the slot and not breaking 1 pin in the process. Miceeno has some great pictures of this method...
  7. riess

I tested with a 100uf and a 1000uf but they don't seem to be enough. So i did some calculations... And if I'm correct 1Farad is approximately the same as 0,99951 ampere second/volt So i need 5Farad for 1sec of 5v 1a To bridge this small gap i need at least a 2 Farad Capacitor... There a...
  8. riess

I don't know a lot about capacitor as I'm guessing that you meant that. How large(values) does this need to be and how would this be wired? on the + wire output I'm guessing? I have 2 laying around from the PTH08080 with value 100UF 16V
  9. riess

I first want to thank you for this great forum and inspiring posts. Some updates... And some questions ofcourse... I have a fully oparational working n64 running off a 5v battery pack with 7inch screen/ speakers/ amp/ controller with rumble pack/ extended game cardrige slot/ So...
  10. riess

So i went with my second design with the 5v source and 2 converters to 3.3v and boost to 8v instead of 7.4 as i noticed the 7.4v dipped to much when the n64 was turned on. And succes... got it working from a 5v source Batterypowerbank/Phone charger.B| The N64 and the 7inch screen both work at...
  11. riess

Ofcourse they both have there own schematics in what kind of resistance they need. I made a maybe better diagram on how to power de n64. As i understand the n64 runs from 12v to 7.4v so 10v would be good right?
  12. riess

Oke so i tought a long time about this i found that the xiaomi powerbanks have a charge plus use at the same time function and its the cheapest real 16850 batterys even al lot cheaper than if you buy them seprate. As the powerbank is only €17 So i though is it possible to run the n64 of 5v and...
  13. riess

so i found a circuit that is exactly the all in 1 solution for this only that its made for 1cell 3.7v battery not 2 cell 7.4v. powerboost 1000c The powerboost lets you charge the battery and has leds to indicate if the battery is full or charging or empty. Also if you remove the charger the...
  14. riess

Hi Guys, I,m new to this forum but following the portable seen for quite some time now. So 8 years ago i wanted to make a n64 portable and started to solder the ram to the main board and relocating the cartridge slot. But i gave up after a while not having enough time etc. So recently i tough...