Recent content by Redmagnusx

1. Redmagnusx

Question VGA vs Wii2HDMI

All modern TV's and displays convert the analog signal to a digital signal. So even if you plug the component cables directly into your display, the signal is being converted to a digital signal. The difference with the Wii2HDMI is that it would be handling the conversion rather than your TV...
  2. Redmagnusx

SOLD For Sale: The Gameboy Revolution

Hey guys! I've decided to sell my recently completed Portable Wii aptly named the Gameboy Revolution. You will find a list of features below. I am asking $650 shipped to the US only. I accept Paypal only. Feel free to PM me if interested. Here's a video of it in action Features: 3.5" Dalian...
  3. Redmagnusx

Discussion PowerMii Lite - Interest Thread

Hey Noah. I was wondering if you had any updates on this for us. :)
  4. Redmagnusx

Introducing, the Gameboy Revolution!

I will post a side by side comparison pic when I get home later, but It's about the same size in every area with the exception of thickness. I had to make it thicker in order to accommodate the batteries. It's hard to see in the pictures, but the heat sinks are raised about 7mm increasing the...
  5. Redmagnusx

Yup, I should have mentioned that, but yes it prompts for every Progressive Scan enabled game. As for the screw posts, I'll stick to using the inserts, but thank you :)
  6. Redmagnusx

That's the interesting part. On the product page, it states that the Resolution is 320x240. HOWEVER, the Wii is most definitely set to 480p and the screen definitely displays slightly off-center with a blue border when a 15khz vga signal is fed to it. Considering that and the fact that the...
  7. Redmagnusx

Hey Ginger! It's actually a VGA screen, I just realized my error and have corrected it. I used the board from one of those old Wii Component to VGA cables to convert the signal to VGA (The Picture looks great in all honesty). As for the screen itself, I bought it back in 2015, when Dalian...
  8. Redmagnusx

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my latest Portable Wii with you all, the aptly named Gameboy Revolution. Features: 3.5" Dalian Good Screen 480p Component Video Input converted to VGA PortabilizeMii No Wifi (Duh) Full range mini 254TA103B50A-ND Pot Thumbsticks Single tact Modded L and R...
  9. Redmagnusx

Portablizing BOM

Awesome man! Thank you Ginger and Thank you Stitches!
  10. Redmagnusx

Portablizing BOM

Hey, so would you happen to know how to input YPBPR into this screen? I'm not seeing it anywhere in the documentation, but I can definitely switch inputs to YPBPR.
  11. Redmagnusx

Hey Noah. I just sent my payment over. I'm glad I didn't miss out on this. :)
  12. Redmagnusx

Crap. I just got back from working overseas to see that I missed the pm about this. I take it that the ship has sailed? Or can I still send my payment?
  13. Redmagnusx

Portablizing BOM

Sounds good, I'll pm you with the pictures tonight after work.
  14. Redmagnusx

Portablizing BOM

Hey guys. Is there a write up available on how to do the low voltage mod for the 3.5" tft display?