Recent content by Redherring32

1. Redherring32

Guide Xbox Trimming Guide

This guide is the culmination of months of research and work and a failed contest entry. I have put a lot of time and effort into this guide and there were a LOT of ups and downs, but I hope it is worth it as at the end of the day it shows you everything you need to know to do something that was...
  2. Redherring32

Worklog Unnamed Xbox Portable

I don't know if they ship with it yet, but yeah I added support!
  3. Redherring32

Well, as I always do I managed to neglect this worklog. A LOT has happened since the last post, and while unfortunately I didn't make the deadline (Or the extended deadline), I made it further in these 4 months than I ever could have imagined. I am not really sure if I can pin point where this...
  4. Redherring32

Hey! I have mostly been swamped with farm work so I admittedly don't have much to show since the first post, but I am slowly but surely getting stuff done. I have been working on figuring out relocations mostly, And I guess I will go ahead and talk about this a bit. :) There are a few things...
  5. Redherring32

That is positively not happening. :) Black SLS though, heck yeah.
  6. Redherring32

Pretty close to the footprint of a Wii U Gamepad (if both are viewed top down on a table etc).
  7. Redherring32

Hey folks. I have spectated a few of these competitions now, but I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring and make a fool of myself. I never meet deadlines, and I never can think of ideas worth trying to finish within them, so frankly I am screwed, so to add insult to injury I decided to do...
  8. Redherring32

Worklog Final Destination Omega Trim

Chip trimming is the new frontier, and I am determined to trick, err encourage, more people to figure out more applications where it can be used. Soon you will all join me in insanity.
  9. Redherring32

Guide Chip Trimming: A Guide

This guide is a mirror of the guide posted on my GitHub repository. The following guide will cover every step of the chip trimming process as best as possible, while also going over the various caveats, complications, and best practices. It will also go over the best workflow and order of...
  10. Redherring32

Worklog N64 Tríos -- a 3x3 inspired motherboard redesign.

Oh no, 2 name drops in 1 thread. I have become infamous.
  11. Redherring32

Worklog TinyTendo - an absurd NES handheld

I only polished with abrasives.
  12. Redherring32

A genuine PPU has a die that's about 3.65mm square, the clone (TA-02) I ground down however has a die that's about 5x4.5mm. While a 10x10mm cut will work on a genuine chip, it is not sufficient for clones. The bonding wires attach roughly 0.3mm from the tips of the leadframe leads, so I...
  13. Redherring32

Yes, I believe the clones have a slightly larger die, so I don't believe the 10mm cut will work, but maybe 11 or 12mm? I have a TA-02 clone PPU, and the die is definitely larger. I'll get some measurements later today if I can find it. And I'll share my methods for determining where to cut as...
  14. Redherring32

Hey guys! While I've not been able to devote much time to the project lately, I have been chipping away at the smaller stuff. If you've seen my 8bit power reduction thread, you will probably have figured out I'm looking into undervolting the NES hardware down to 3.3V to significantly increase...
  15. Redherring32

Guide Power draw reduction of 8bit devices

Hey guys! As some of you may know, I've been working on a NES handheld for a while now. Well today I wanna share something I've been researching and implementing to make it just that extra bit better. We should all know by now that the NES uses a 6502 based CPU with a built in APU, but the...