Recent content by RedEnergy

1. RedEnergy

Question 4Layertech circuit diagrams

If you can it would be very helpful
  2. RedEnergy

Question 4Layertech circuit diagrams

Hi I've been trying to recreate the main 4Layertech Pcb's for my wii portable but i can't get them to work, and I don't know what could be the problem. I there any way that I can get the circuit diagrams (Kicad files) for the 4Layertech boards in order to integrate them on my circuitboard?
  3. RedEnergy

Custom Wii portables on commission

Hi, if you are looking for a portable Wii, you are in the right place. I can build consoles like the Louii or the Ashida, and the shells can be printed with colors of your choice and with various surface finishes based on the printing material which can be filament, nylon or resin. Shipping can...
  4. RedEnergy

Worklog Wii EVO

This is a new project that is going to replace the Lightniing for a while, and I will focus on creating a portable using everything I learned during development of my previous project. I don't want to set any goals for myself, so this will be a project that will define its characteristics...
  5. RedEnergy

Worklog The LIGHTNiiNG - BLOCKED

Maybe the broblem might be the fact that the BGA components have to be heated for at least three times: 1) Desoldering 2) Reballing 3) Reflow What I have in mind right now is to do an other attempt; If one of the components does brake in one of these stages I think they might survive If I skip...
  6. RedEnergy

I'm really struggling to understand what am I doing wrong. I'm testing a new board but still nothing. Something does happen: when powered on, the CPU heats up but the GPU stays completely cold; the screen doesn't even show the usual blue screen, but it does when power is given only to it. I...
  7. RedEnergy

Solved Wii resistances

Hi everyone I'm checking my wii resistances, could someone pleas tell me if they are good?
  8. RedEnergy

Small update but some good news. I managed to make a new working PCB for the display. There was a mistake on the blue vga line, but nothing strange. From the original board I kept just the VGA in order to use less space as possible. There are also pads for the following buttons: power, menu...
  9. RedEnergy

Worklog The Phiinix

What about making an aluminum case? Maybe it might help even more with the cooling of the wii
  10. RedEnergy

Worklog Stiim Deck

Which program are you using to design your case?
  11. RedEnergy

Worklog The s-WII-ch (my first Wii portable)

If you’re using 4Layertech pcbs the U10 isn’t necessary
  12. RedEnergy

Problem found: ground was shorted to 1.8V, as I thought the problem was under the RAM aind it happened because i tried to reflow it a second time and I moved it too much with the tweezers.:'(
  13. RedEnergy

Worklog Project M

WHAT?????? 420C to desolder the components!?!?! Man you are literally cooking the components. All the shorts that you find after removing them is because the temperatures you're using are too high. I had the same problem on my first try but it was because I attempted to reball each component at...
  14. RedEnergy

Solved Wii trimming

Yes
  15. RedEnergy

Solved Wii trimming

I’ve trimmed a Wii motherboard and it worked fine