Recent content by rcb123

1. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RK32QT2/ If you want to use usb c for power you can use an xacto knife and carefully cut this open to take out its board (usb c end), it will negotiate 12v from usb c for you just know that I have never tested this (might in the future) and that a custom solution...
  2. Worklog My First Wii Portable

18650s don't fit on the inside when only the screen is in place (too thick for it) You will either have to use a flatpack or put the batteries on the back I would personally suggest going for something like a g-wii or another design that people have successfully completed before for your first...
  3. Model Wii U Gamepad mounting board

Credit to banjokazooie for originally designing this file Unfortunately it isn't hosted anywhere anymore so I had to recreate it This is a board meant to sit behind the display and replace the original cage, which takes up too much space anyway It is by no means perfect yet, and some details...
  4. Worklog World's Smallest Gamecube

If you ran GameCube controllers through the same 4 pole 3.5 mm you used for composite, could it support rumble?
  5. Different Battery Sizes

Just wondering if anyone has used battery sizes other than 18650s (or lipos) in their portables. I was thinking of using 4 21700s (LG) in series for my pack to get 14.8 V 5000 mAh. Now, while my current pack is by no means good or power dense (2000 mAh/cell, 16 cells series), using these...
  6. Worklog Wiines Portable

Quick update, having some trouble with my buck converter: Ordered a new one. Output was reading 28V 6A but only output 3 or 6 volts (I don't know why it changed between tests). Edit: Android autocomplete is really weird on this site, so I always have to come back to fix small things.
  7. Worklog Wiines Portable

Oh nevermind, I'm misspoke. I meant composite. My picture even shows a stock Wii video cable, my bad.
  8. Slimmest USB drive

Yeah, I run Windows on this and aside from the fact that I do not get anywhere near the advertised speeds (and horrid >100 ms response times), it does tend to get very hot. I use a different drive for the Wii, as that one has less storage space and runs cooler.
  9. Slimmest USB drive

Is there a reason that nobody is doing this?: If making your flash drive hidden but accessible was a goal, something like this would be perfect. This is a 128gb drive by SanDisk and runs Wii games in wbfs format just fine. It was only 20$, and since the Wii won't use the drive at 100%...
  10. Worklog Wiines Portable

5V goes through boost converter to 12V for the monitor. And for the video cable just search up 4-pole 3.5mm, this exists but is really just an unofficial format. This screen only supports the 3.5mm format and DIN. Also, can anyone explain the copious 403 errors I've been getting?
  11. Worklog Wiines Portable

So, I've been trying to start on a "portable Wii" and this will be my first work log of sorts. Basing some of it on this: https://www.instructables.com/id/NintenWii-Wii-re-done-for-NES-case/ The plan is to put the Wii and everything I need into an NES shell, no disk drive but inside the...
  12. Identifying these leds

Anyone know what these are and what they are used for. The label on the side has been smudged off. The black one is 20 pin and the red one is 5 pin.
  13. Can I revive this battery?

Yeah, battery voltage went back down to 7V but was still not drawing any current. Probably need to get rid of it. I'll probably just buy Razer scooter replacement batteries, they're about 20-25$ for 2 12V 5-7Ah batteries.
  14. Can I revive this battery?

So I was looking through my garage and found a UPS of sorts. Its a 12V UPS (DC output) and uses a 12V motorcycle battery (GP 1272 f2). It's been in my garage for a couple of years at least. The problem is that this 12V battery is sitting at around 6.5 volts. After a day of charging its at 7.5...
  15. Question Dealing with Different Voltages

Ok, well thank you, especially Stitches. New plan is a 4S 4P 14.8 V 18650 pack. I'll order a BMS online, will probably use a boost converter to get the voltage needed for charging (from a 9v dc supply), and use a buck converter on the output to the Wii and the monitor. I'll get new cells, unless...