Recent content by Ratchet Russian

1. Question Orange Tact Substitute?

https://www.bgmicro.com/softfeelingtactswitch.aspx I've bought the orange ones here before and they feel good to me but I admittedly have never had any others to compare them to.
  2. Letterbomb the wii

I've had some SD cards just flat out not work. You can try any of the other methods to install the homebrew channel outlined here: https://wii.guide/get-started Flashhax is the easiest if your Wii still has the internet channel. If not, go with str2hax.
  3. Worklog Madmorda's WiiBA

Have you considered using a process of epoxy coating and sanding to finish the 3D printed shell? It's a process I've used on some printed parts but never on a portable case, so it's just an idea. I think it could look really clean though as I agree with you on not really liking the 3D-printed look.
  4. Question Portbalizemii letter-bomb not appearing

Make sure the date/time in your system settings is accurate. If it still doesn't work, you can use a different exploit to access hackmii: https://wii.guide/get-started
  5. Question Bluetooth & PortablizeMii

As of now, you need to relocate the Bluetooth module as instructed in the trimming guide to play Wii games. I believe PortablizeMii v2 will allow for Wii games to be played without a Bluetooth module but it might be a while until it's released.
  6. where in the world you live in?

Moved from Russia to Florida and then to Arizona where I currently live. Inching closer and closer to MGC with every move. Maybe one day I'll meet all the cool people from this forum there :rothink:
  7. Discussion Has anyone used this 3.5 VGA screen?

I believe this is the IPS screen you're referring to. It's also cheaper than the one linked by OP.
  8. Guide De-Lidding the Wii chips

Was just thinking that if an Altoids tin can keep a Wii alive for 10 minutes, maybe a thick alluminum shell could keep a delidded Wii alive for a good while. Would be an interesting experiment.
  9. Guide De-Lidding the Wii chips

Never even thought about doing this, but it would be cool to see this used in a custom milled aluminum enclosure portable that's passively cooled. Now to get a cnc router...
  10. Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Revision: RVL-CPU-40 Serial Number: LU73601753-2 Color: White Revision: RVL-CPU-40 Serial Number: LU71139523-3 Color: White Further confirms the "LU7 = 4 layer" theory. Got both of these for very cheap thanks to the efforts in this thread. Thank you!
  11. Wii SP 2.0

That's some impressive case work. I'll be taking notes. I also love how you managed to cram so many different functions into the custom PCBs. I want to have full Wii and Gamecube functionality in my portable, so the PCB with multiple controllers on it is especially interesting to me. Not to...
  12. Guide Easy Charge and Play circuit.

I feel like this is too good to be true, but if someone manages to test this and get it working, I will no doubt use it in my portable.
  13. Worklog Miimboy Advanced

I'm really grateful for the support so far. I worked on the case a little bit over the weekend. Added to original post:
  14. Worklog Miimboy Advanced

After a long hiatus and many failed attempts, I'm finally going to try and finish my Wii portable. The difference this time being I'm going to take my time and try to complete everything as carefully and professionally as possible. I think I've made sufficient progress to warrant a worklog...