Recent content by PvtDerp

1. PvtDerp

Question Help with setting up Screen Control Buttons

Hi all! I am currently drawing some schematics for a controller PCB. I would like to add screen control functionality with the buttons of the actual console, rather than having separate buttons to control the screen. How do I go about this? I am unsure of how to merge the 2 circuits together...
  2. PvtDerp

PS2B

Any chance you know where I can find those Switch Joysticks? All I can find is the actual portable that they are used in, but that costs ~$100. Also, your Memory Card PCB, did you just reverse engineer a generic Sony Memory Card and transplant the internals onto your own PCB?
  3. PvtDerp

Guide Video Encoder Pinout

Seeing as there has been a lot of work into the PS2 very recently, with the release of Gman's 7900X compendium and the elusive board scans, from other members of the community. I thought it would be a better time than never to release some of the work that I had done many moons ago, I wanted to...
  4. PvtDerp

Connecting Mango Router ethernet to PS2 through capacitive coupling

Ah Hah. Thanks for the clarification, This absolutely does clear up my concerns. Thank You! Looks like I'm going to need to do some more testing on the bench first, before I put it into the portable.
  5. PvtDerp

Connecting Mango Router ethernet to PS2 through capacitive coupling

So just to wrap my head around things, mixing and matching different network transceivers with the Broadcom IC will not work unless it operates within the same voltage bias. If the Broadcom IC is 1.75v, would that mean that I am NOT able to drop in, say, a OrangePi or NanoPi that may operate on...
  6. PvtDerp

Question Trimmed Wii won’t boot

Hey mate, you might want to shorten every Blue wire you've got running there. Each wire is showing a bit too much copper and could be causing a potential short. Desolder those wires, cut a few millimeters off of them, and resolder them back to their respective pads. You only need a fraction of...
  7. PvtDerp

Question What material is best?

ABS is really difficult to print on open-frame style machines (Ender-3, CR-10). It requires a closed-heated area, otherwise an air draft can cool it too quickly and make it warp off the build platform. Without modification to the printer, Ender-3 style machines are not even able to print with...
  8. PvtDerp

Worklog MRKane's final PS2 portable, first competition entry

Having some trouble trying to watch those YouTube videos, says that the videos are set as private Really eager to see them and the rest of this build :)
  9. PvtDerp

Worklog PS2Go

Also, you're not getting any audio because you gotta reconnect 5v to the audio IC aswell :P (It's the 8 pin IC to the right of the 5v regulator) Your trim looks pretty much perfect btw
  10. PvtDerp

Worklog PS2Go

The lines you drew are pretty much perfect for a Standard Trim, but before you trim remember to remove any components that the lines go through. (Pretty much the ribbon connectors and the IC's). When trimming, cut a little before the line and then sand down to the end of the line.
  11. PvtDerp

Question DS lite pcb

Have you reconnected the BIOS / WiFi module? This sounds familiar to me when I did a few DS Lite repairs ages ago.
  12. PvtDerp

Question Possibly Dead Wii?

13. PvtDerp

Question VGA Mod

Thanks to everyone who replied in this thread, I got called to go into work so I haven't been able to respond. Thanks to everyone for the input! When I was first testing the accuracy of my soldering I was just using a plain old desktop monitor, I'm guessing that's why it never picked up the...
  14. PvtDerp

Question VGA Mod

Hey BitBuilt! Ive been lurking here for a while trying to create my own PS2 Portable. I am having a bit of trouble though, I cant seem to get working native VGA. I have wired the RGB signals coming from the A / V Port and am using the H and V sync signals from the CPU vias. I have tried...