Recent content by pikpol

1. pikpol

Worklog Noah's GameBoy "Flash carts"

@Noah Is there an estimate for the Gameboy Flashcarts? I missed out on the previous batch. I am planning to make my own flasher with school, just for fun. And then when your new revision arrives I'll buy your flasher. But to test the flasher it would be nice to have a flashcard to try it with...
  2. pikpol

@Noah How is the new flasher going?:) I saw that you managed to restock the flash carts and flasher. Unfortunately I don't have any money to buy something. Not even the 1mb flashcart. The moment I have 20 bucks I'll order one! And then I can hopefully buy your new version flasher :)
  3. pikpol

I didn't know, I thought it was. At least the hardware protocol is :p Just realized that I have two bootleg GBA games :P When I found out my Pokemon Ruby was fake, we bought another one, which was a totally different game. @Noah Could you perhaps give us a rough indication of when you can have...
  4. pikpol

Then I'll probably wait a bit. Still need to learn some stuff and develop my game further. Just got stuck with bank switching, so if anyone knows something about bank switching with gbdk, please PM me :P Can't wait until your new flasher is finished now :) Ooh by the way, did you use the...
  5. pikpol

But the newer one will then also be around $50? Otherwise I'll just buy the current flasher. Thanks for the explanation BTW :)
  6. pikpol

Don't expect too much xd First need to figure out how banking works. As I have 1 bank working...

Don't expect too much xd First need to figure out how banking works. As I have 1 bank working, but two gives me a "Possibly wrote twice" error :/
  7. pikpol

Normally you can only use 32x32 maps as background, I need bigger ones. Also, you can combine...

Normally you can only use 32x32 maps as background, I need bigger ones. Also, you can combine multiple tiles to get more colors in your sprites and stuff. Than just 3 colors and 1 transparent color.
  8. pikpol

Gonna try to get a map system just like pokemonWhere you have a sort of open world :) sprite...

Gonna try to get a map system just like pokemonWhere you have a sort of open world :) sprite looks already great! 6 colors is better than 3
  9. pikpol

I don't know what you mean with the arduino statement :) But I meant that I want to wait for the newer revision because that one can flash bootleg GBA games and I already have a bootleg GBA game. And also, because I don't have to buy two flashers, but only one, which costs me less money ;) But...
  10. pikpol

I am just starting with developing, but I have some fun ideas I want to try out. I also want to...

I am just starting with developing, but I have some fun ideas I want to try out. I also want to try some homebrew games like Pokémon Prism. Playing gameboy games on real hardware is still the best way.
  11. pikpol

So the new one will support both GB(C) games as GBA games? Can the 'old' ones maybe be updated with some parts? Because I really want a flasher and I feel more connected to bitbuilt than to BennVenn. And yours is also much much cheaper(I'm a broke student FYI) So I want to buy from here, but I...
  12. pikpol

Made an account because I am highly interested in flashing own roms to carts for the gameboy

Made an account because I am highly interested in flashing own roms to carts for the gameboy
  13. pikpol

Heey guys, I am just starting with programming for gameboy. Though I have some questions about the flasher. Is it still available? As the shop says not in stock, but from this thread I understand that it has to be made by hand, so it will never be in stock?(unless because of a cancelled order...