Recent content by pengy

1. pengy

Worklog Pengy's first Wiip worklog

What I think is interesting is that if I boot with no USB it goes to a black screen, so it must know the flash drive is there as it's causing it to boot to the no config message. What should be contained in the flash drive if I open it up on the computer?
  2. pengy

Continuity checks good and there are no shorts to ground. Are da7 and da9 the chips above cm1 and cm2? If so they aren't fucked up, the whole area is just messy because I hotglued the original connections down before I tested things and found it didn't work. Should I try removing them...
  3. pengy

Anyone see any problems here??? You can't see the 5v connections very well but + is on the left and - is on the right.
  4. pengy

Alright I shortened them to as short as they could be which is about 3 inches and twisted the, together and same result.... pics to follow
  5. pengy

The wires here are maybe 4-5", do you think that is long enough to warrant concern? And yeah the power wires are probably 24awg
  6. pengy

Noah - just tried. drive is working fine on the computer :( Should i try using the second usb port connections instead? Would that work? I accidentally ripped the "Cm1" or was it cm2 one or the other component off the board so ive had the usb data lines connected to the vias right by there
  7. pengy

I tried some wire that looked like about 22-24 and no change :(
  8. pengy

Wait the wire gauge of USB data lines matters?? I'm using fuckin kynar LOL Hold up let me see if I can find something thicker
  9. pengy

Thank you ss. I tried swapping the data pins as I knew 5v and ground must be fine as the blue led on the flash drive lights when the system powers. Switching the data pins causes the wii to either not boot or to get stuck on a black screen, not sure which. So I switched them back and it booted...
  10. pengy

Cheese they seem good, I pulled them off and reattached them. On the wii trimming guide on one part pin 6 is green and on the other pin 6 is grey and I wondered why that is but I have the pin that's closer to the negative on the usb port connected to data - and the pin closer to the positive on...
  11. pengy

So I finally found a break from food truckin to try to finish this thing up and I'm damn close. But I seem to be having a couple hopefully minor issues, one of them being that apparently one of my power jacks is fucked which is cool, the other detailed below. So when I boot it I get this: it...
  12. pengy

Almost there. I need to trim 3mm off either the top or the bottom of the wii in the orientation it's in shown here, which would be safer and easier?
  13. pengy

Portablizing BOM

Yes it would. However, upon further review I think my multimeter might actually be screwed up, as it reads the resistance of a wire at 6ohms :p so these are actually probably more like 6ohm speakers and ought to work fine.
  14. pengy

lol if he did I'm sure he did it quite poorly. Benheck was no great innovator. But yes it was super useful as you can see I obviously had no room for the usual method.
  15. pengy

Two words: laser beams. Jk. The real answer is.... Very carefully. You start from the top in my photo as if you're about to strip like three inches of wire, but only pull it back a tiny bit. Tin that area, let it cool completely, then very carefully move down the line and do it again, making...