Recent content by penguin

1. penguin

Worklog First Portable name tbc

Update from August last year Got it assembled but dislodged the usb wire so it didn't boot after assembly and also of the controls were still not wired Good bit of 2am CAD This design was a nightmare to assemble mostly due to the fact the hinge had to go through the top of the bottom shell...
  2. penguin

Worklog First Portable name tbc

Hi, This post is just to document where I am up to and hopefully motivate to complete this project. Just got an OMGWTF trim working this weekend WOOOOP:) Photos Cut with a multitool sanded with 120 grit sandpaper, then a high grit chisel sharpening block, edges of the Wii came out really...
  3. penguin

Question U10 relocation issue

Hi, I have relocated a U9 from a 6 layer board on to a 4 layer untrimmed board as (I broke the other chips) but my wii does not turn on it just stays red when you press power It was working with bbloader before relocation. What I have done - I have a connection between u9 leg and the original...
  4. penguin

Question Kingston adapter problems

Hi, Unfortunately after formatting it to 32768 fat32 using guiformat and adding bbloader it still give the same error as last time this is want my usb (kingston) looks like Thanks
  5. penguin

Okay thanks
  6. penguin

Hi I have Kingston adapter with 128gb Samsung Evo plus formatted to 32kb clusters and exfat With BB loader But I get an error plugged into wii Pressing a with newly acquired GameCube controller doesn't do anything either maybe broken controller as doesn't work in prii Note can't get into safe...
  7. penguin

Question Wii rvl pms

Hi sorry if this has already been asked if so please send me a link from my understanding I could use a usb c poll detector set to 12 v https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2027364062...MI0L_hwKml6QIVA-3tCh105wJvEAQYAyABEgK2ffD_BwE then for my use either I a 1s4p or 1s6p of 18650s If you have more cells...
  8. penguin

Discussion Wii Power Management System (open source)

Hi sorry if this has already been asked if so please send me a link from my understanding I could use a usb c poll detector set to 12 v...
  9. penguin

Worklog Atari flashback 3 portable* one day build

Don't think I'm quite ready to tackle a Wii portable yet so i decided to take a flashback 3 and the secondary screen of a dvd player a (very useful as already has speakers a volume control, a headphone jack and an av input) and mash them together. Using a £20 soldering iron from Aldi, some old...
  10. penguin

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi I like to do projects like building a Xbox steering wheel and would like to make a Wii portable as they awesome