Recent content by Pears

1. Pears

Hili's TinyTendo

Awesome thanks, I'll pick up some of those contacts for testing too :) Would be awesome to get the gerbers, I know I'm not the only one interested in SEROM boards! I'm already used to sanding for the boards so that's no issue, I started sanding down my SRAM chips so they'd fit better in the...
  2. Pears

[FS] [US] TinyTendo Board Kits

Hi Everyone, Finally got around to consolidating the TinyTendo boards I have and would like to offer up full sets for sale if anyone is interested. These sets include the updated Audio Amp and Button PCBs that are part of the latest 1.3 release. I also have the original version of both PCBs...
  3. Pears

Hili's TinyTendo

Glad you were able to complete the build, awesome job! What battery clips did you use? I had issues with the conjoined clips from the BOM and it looks like you have some different ones. Also, do you have any spare TNY-SEROM boards you'd be willing to sell or trade for? Tetris is the one game I...
  4. Pears

Worklog Pears' N64 Portable

Small update for today. I printed a test jig for the controller PCB and some simple buttons. Realized I have the A and B buttons too close together if I want to use buttons similarly sized to the originals. The spacing was retained from when I initially planned to use the original membrane from...
  5. Pears

Thank you, it means a lot! I'm considering adding FFCs for the d-pad and rear buttons as well since I actually have the joystick upside-down and have to re-do the board anyway :XD:. My goal was to reduce the amount of spaghetti running through the case while also learning a new skill. Thanks...
  6. Pears

First update since committing to a new revision, I have received and tested my custom controller PCBs! This is my first time making PCBs with KiCad, extremely happy I was able to make something functional. I was struggling to get the ATtiny24A joystick conversion working so instead I took a...
  7. Pears

Wow, time flies, cannot believe it's been three years since I created this. Lots of life changes and jumping around hobbies and I'm back and feeling very committed to advancing my knowledge to improve my N64 in ways I didn't think I'd ever be capable of. The first thing I want to tackle is...
  8. Pears

Guide N64 Advanced VGA

I have a ZJ050NA-08C screen purchased from the BB store last year and it does not have the issue with the N64RGB Advanced in my portable, using VGA. Also the quality difference between composite and VGA was night and day for me, so your guess might be correct.
  9. Pears

Got the joystick issue worked out and the whole thing closed up one night this week and finally am getting around to sharing some pictures of the completed unit. I'm very happy with how it came out, since this is my first self-modeled portable. It's pretty chonky, but is surprisingly...
  10. Pears

Discussion N64 Motherboard Exchange

I'd be willing to help out with a board or two, I've got two 08's and one 09. Would be nice to have a lower revision board to try a RAM swap sometime, so I was considering trying to pick up a lower Rev on eBay anyway.
  11. Pears

Brief update, I tried super hard to get this completed over the past weekend but ran into some snags with the controller. Everything except the controller is working fine including the U-AMP and N64RGB Advanced (which looks amazing). For some reason the sketch that works on my Uno is not...
  12. Pears

Managed to test out my trim and it worked first try, no PIF resistor needed! Also did my first test print of the full front half, minus a few components, and it came out pretty well. I also made a little tray for the N64 motherboard to sit in, that I plan to use to mount it to the case. Next...
  13. Pears

Thanks Gman for confirming! I actually checked in the Discord and by reading around, so I'm glad my research wasn't incorrect. In the meantime, I've trimmed and sanded up to 1000. I have outlined the 3.3v lines I need to add back in based on viewing others' logs. I actually get continuity on...
  14. Pears

Hi Everyone! I'm making an N64 portable as my first non-kit portable and hope to use it as a nice learning experience for improving my Fusion360 skills and possibly even pick up some knowledge for making custom PCBs way down the line. I'm going to start super simple and hopefully revise the...
  15. Pears

My G-boy

What went wrong with the first Wii? Going to be building my own in a month or so and am very worried about screwing up the Wii mobo...