Recent content by Ollie

1. Ollie

Worklog My first portable (PS2)

Cheers for the photo, I've removed the caps and connected it back up, still not getting any video. I'm at my wits end with this thing lol
  2. Ollie

The voltages are fine from the pms,.but I notice some drop by the time the current has traveled to all of the relocation points, but I don't know if this is what's causing it, since the board appears to boot just not outputting video? I tried soldering to the input side of that capacitor...
  3. Ollie

Its them two blue wires leading to a switch, I tried wiring it to the pms before and thought I'd try making it its own switch to make testing easier.
  4. Ollie

Just finished removing the linear regulator. Still nothing out of the composite screen, and when I turn it on the chips still get warm. At the moment, what I have connected is: Pms to all the points listed in trim guide 5v to the 5v side of that linear regulator Screen powered off pms, and...
  5. Ollie

Thanks for your suggestions, the av caps are still on the board and I tried soldering to the input side of that capacitor anyway. With the 5v wiring, do I have to remove that linear regulator? Or just solder to the 5v side.
  6. Ollie

Okay, I'm out of ideas now. The PS2 boots, heats up, but I still get nothing from composite video. I tested my screen with a raspberry pi to rule that out, it worked fine, and the voltage points on the PS2 are all receiving correct current and voltage. I doubled up the 1v25 wire, since it draws...
  7. Ollie

Update. I wired up the pms and screen. The board definitely boots now, I can feel the chips get hot, however I get nothing from my screen. I'll post some photos later, still trying to troubleshoot
  8. Ollie

sorry for the delayed replies to everyone, we're back are school in the UK and ive got GCSEs next year and im trying to catch up with some of the stuff i missed over lockdown. yayyyyyyyy. right i should be okay to power the board now so ill try to order some batteries when i get the chance. on...
  9. Ollie

Ok I sanded a bit more and removed some of the components very close to the edges, and I think I've fixed it. The resistance I'm now reading is: 1v25 - ~70 1v75 - ~55 2v5 - ~55 3v3- ~100 Am I safe to power the board now? I'm scared as crap to damage the pms
  10. Ollie

Question Making portable wii

I'm in the process of building my first portable, and I'm on a tight budget like you would be, and basically the way I'm managing it is I'm thinking what do I absolutely want to be good, and what do I mind trading off. for me, a great battery life is really important, but speaker quality isn't...
  11. Ollie

Update! The 1v25, 1v75 and 2v5 are now behaving great after some sanding. However I still have a flat short on 3v3. I narrowed it down to this small component Ok so basically let me explain. When the component is attached, I get continuity between each side of it, and when removed I get...
  12. Ollie

Here's a pic of the back if it may help
  13. Ollie

@Gman I deliberately didn't power it in fear of that. You suggest I disconnect everything and start over?
  14. Ollie

UPDATE TIME!! ps2 pms arrived and is connected! I set it down on this piece of cardboard with a button. Annnnnnnd that's where the good news ends. I got direct shorts on pretty much all the voltage lines. Resistances: (with the PS2 connected) 1v25: 0.04 ohm 1v8: 0.05 ohm 2v5: 0.03 ohm 3v3...
  15. Ollie

Worklog The PSBlock

you got it finished!!! congrats!!!! that colour scheme really pops, it looks amazing, hope my portable ends up as good as yours!!