Recent content by Notjohnny

1. Notjohnny

Board scan PS2 SCPH-77004 motherboard scan [WIP]

Sorry for the no updates that this thread had, I've been really busy with uni stuff. So kind of an update, it seems like it is a 4 layer pcb and the stackup is: top signal layer, ground, power+signal layer, bottom signal layer. (Seems because I haven't been able to finish yet) I found weird...
  2. Notjohnny

Worklog The DWii

Given the XK scale and the markings on the Ohms line I'm pretty sure that 800-900 is the correct resistance reading (from right to left it goes 0, 0.5, 1, 2, 3.... multiplied by scale xK=x1000) if you use the x10 scale it should be in a range of 0 to 5kOhms so it might be easier to confirm and...
  3. Notjohnny

Board scan PS2 SCPH-77004 motherboard scan [WIP]

I'm working on scanning this ps2 that I had laying around, I don't have the component photo (so if someone has one and wants to colaborate with a high res image I would be very thankful). I only have a 1200dpi scanner, images are not as sharp as I would like. Also, sorry for all the flux gunk...
  4. Notjohnny

Question Is this battery scheme well structured?

That's the one that have the internal power supply so... you can't plug the cables in there, I guess you'll have to take out the psu and connect your wires to the pins on the motherboard (the power supply outputs 1 voltage not all of them iirc) check with a multimeter the voltage that the power...
  5. Notjohnny

FFC connectors from HDMI to screen?

I guess you dont have enough space but you could put the driver board on the bottom half and run a FCC extender to the lcd itself. That way you don't have to worry about connecting the HDMI properly (maybe some random seller has a U shaped HDMI mini to HDMI?)
  6. Notjohnny

Discussion Wii Power Management System (open source)

When you get the boards you could start a thread on the selling section, people interested will go there and open a pm so you make your deal
  7. Notjohnny

Discussion found cheap but good working alternatives of custom regulators

Hours?:rothink: I've had some of them in the past, 1.2A of load(rated for 3A max), one burned itself and another one melted a bit of plastic after like 15min or so. Cheap shit produces great problems (or fires).
  8. Notjohnny

Discussion Screens?!?

Also those screens aren't 480p they're 480x272 actually
  9. Notjohnny

Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Revision: RVK-CPU-01 Serial Number: KEH10032324-5 Color: White
  10. Notjohnny

Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

For the holders you can go pretty much anything you want as long as you can make the desired battery configuration, it just depends on how you are going to arrange them inside your portable. If you order them make sure that the power cables are thick enough if not change them. For the charger...
  11. Notjohnny

Question I need help with making a PS2 Portable

I wouldn't do that, you should search the data about the charging pcb and use a power supply that outputs between the minimun and maximun voltage recomended for it
  12. Notjohnny

Question Wii Will Not Boot

For me it seems like the composite out wire isn't connected to wii ground. Composite requires common ground in order to even display something. Have you tried to connect it?
  13. Notjohnny

Worklog Identifying a Wii's Revision Based off of Serial Numbers

Completely forgot that I have a wii in a drawer Color: White Serial: LEH28620530-4 Revision: RVL-CPU-40 Also, good job everyone in the research
  14. Notjohnny

Question Idea for portable(ish)

It depends on what screen it is, sometimes you can get a driver bard for it... sometimes not, you need to look around on the internet to be really sure As I said it depends on the screen usually SPI an I2C are used on other electronics where good resolution and refresh rate aren´t a must The...
  15. Notjohnny

PS2 alternative to RPi game loading

Sometime ago I found some cheap "mini 3G/4G router", the price of them ranges from 4 to 7€. Mine died after a short while (I think that I broke it while I was tinkering with it) but on some sites people have been using them and the seem to be a reliable solution. If someone wants to try feel...