Recent content by Nold

1. Nold

Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

Another thing worth noting: SanDisk SD's are currently not supported :D Source: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/mx4sio-sio2sd-sd-card-adapter-and-sd-driver-for-the-ps2-sio2-interface.29210/
  2. Nold

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2DMG - Contest Entry 2022 - Worklog

It has been done! Since we all love nudes, here are some final ones: Just some minor issues to fix & a video to make. But I'm closing the worklog for now. During this project I also merged the U-Amp code i got from @StonedEdge into the original firmware, allowing using a pot for volume...
  3. Nold

My IP2721_MAX12 arrived & is working properly :) After some debugging i was also able to get the ps2+ controller and mx4sio working. Now i basically only need to get audio working. Until then, here is a spagetti nude:
  4. Nold

Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

Important note: The MX4SIO card has to be in Slot-2/the second MC-slot! Latest OPL Beta can be downloaded here: https://github.com/ps2homebrew/Open-PS2-Loader/releases/tag/latest
  5. Nold

I'm so ready to finish this up!!1.. still waiting for the controller pcbs, tho. Hope they arrive tomorrow so i can do some testing. Meanwhile I printed the final case using the last rest of my classic contest carbonfil & spend some hours sending everything nice & smooth. Sorry for the messy...
  6. Nold

Thanks for your kind words! really appreciate it :) I did some tesing with different shoulderbuttons and the winner seems to be the classic squishy-tacy! also if you do not modify your own custom pcbs, you're not a real modder B| Today i did some more work on the bottom half of the case...
  7. Nold

BitBuilt Forum Suggestions

Like if building a portable is not challenging enough ;-)
  8. Nold

IDK about you, but my workshop definitely says "contest"... I did several revisions on the original PS2 buttons & dpad until they worked perfectly. Also i did some finishing/finalizations on the case. The components for the PCBs arrived, too. But i had to do a second revision of the button...
  9. Nold

Let there be PCBs!!1 And damn they hot & fit great so far! sadly i'm still waiting on mouser to ship my parts :( Meanwhile i did some more work on the case, made the advanced board trim fit & developed a [hopefully] sufficient cooling solution.
  10. Nold

That's a good question! I want to use the "normal" IP2721 i guess.. or whatever my totally legit aliexpress source sends me ;-) .. I would love to get the 12V version, but i guess it's rather hard to obtain. So the options are 20v, 15V and 5V out. Given that the max. input voltage of the PMS is...
  11. Nold

well.. we'll see how well it's planned once i start putting everything together.. xD
  12. Nold

Since I couldn't make my DAC relocation output anything but green, i disassembled the 2SP remains & trimmed it a little smaller. I guess i can still make it work without the relocation... confident that we can somehow make this work, i ordered the remaining PCBs.. fingers crossed!
  13. Nold

meanwhile i killed my remaining GH-061-51 and had to go full gman style on the GH-062-12.. This was by FAR my worst relocation, yet. So many tiny wires & traces... oof... Composite didn't work today, but I could get something on G [from RGB]... so that's good for me today! VGA wiring is next i...
  14. Nold

I noticed my PS2 SCPH-7900x mainboard lookes a bit different from the ones in the guide. And taking a closer look to the AV DAC area of the board, i quickly realized it had vias for all AV data lines. Which means this revision is perfect for a rather simple DAC relocation! To gather more...
  15. Nold

DAC boards came in today. so i tested my new shop- & camera-setup: