Recent content by Nand512

1. Nand512

Question repost from general - can i "re-homebrew" an already homebrewed wii?

sorry for repost, i posted this in general but forgot i should've posted here instead - i bought a wii that i homebrewed for my college dorm - priiloader goes straight to usb loader, got cIOS's, etc. but i don't really use it much and i've been wanting to make a wii portable. i also spent a fair...
  2. Nand512

good circuitry design videos (repost since i used the wrong thread)

i posted in the wrong thread, but basically I never understood anything about circuitry design but I've always wanted to. After watched the Electronics 101 videos and understanding the concepts (and I can understand some basic schematics (and have even made them in KiCad)), I still struggle to...
  3. Nand512

Discussion good videos on circuitry design?

forgot to mention i have a breadboard and some wires but I don't have any components to mess around with. but I'm just looking into understanding circuitry in general
  4. Nand512

Discussion good videos on circuitry design?

I'm putting my Wii micro project on hold until I finish my current b0xx project. But I've always been into circuitry design but I never understood anything. I've watched the Electronics 101 videos and I understand the concepts, and can understand some basic schematics (and have even made them in...
  5. Nand512

what to do as a beginner?

in that case I'll probably do a micro then - I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. So I need a 6 layer for this (and the extra trimming for 6 layer boards) right?
  6. Nand512

I was just going to buy everything (eventually) from the ashida BOM and do U10. Theres a bunch of vids of ppl making them so i'd just use whatever they do
  7. Nand512

do I need to tape everything inside as well or just the red lines
  8. Nand512

I'll look for a black wii on ebay then. is standard electrical tape from my dad's toolkit good for the outline?
  9. Nand512

does it need to be a 4 layer wii?
  10. Nand512

my only soldering experience has been with a DIY B0XX. I've been watching the Electronics 101 Videos and I've gotten somewhat of an idea of how the basics works. I have solder wick, flux, solid core and magnetic wire, and I'm planning on getting a Wii and dremel soon. Should I make my own...
  11. Nand512

any way to change username

I desperately need to change my username but I can't find anywhere to do it and I don't want to make a new account.
  12. Nand512

how to get better at soldering

im using 60/40 solder and usually 340C / 650F
  13. Nand512

how to get better at soldering

got a soldering iron for my birthday back in January (hakko f888d), and while i love the aspect of soldering i can't help but suck at it. i had a small test kit where you'd just solder some resistors to a pcb and i never got the hang of it. ended up burning the pcb and called it a day, and that...
  14. Nand512

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

something like shank's gamecube joy cons may be a start to flesh out your idea
  15. Nand512

how easy is the ashida as a beginner project?

thanks man, im not entirely sure what to build but i know its gonna be a wii portable. i know for certain that i don't want to make my own since that is far out of my realm right now