Recent content by MWD_NAME

1. MWD_NAME

Wii portable build troubleshooting

It’s done! Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, it is so much appreciated! It is VERY rough around the edges and quite obviously a first portable, but I am still proud of it. In the end I skipped out on Bluetooth because I couldn’t get it to work. I may try again in the future, but...
  2. MWD_NAME

I am using magnet wire and I am twisting it but by hand. I will try a drill and check length, thanks!
  3. MWD_NAME

Okay, so I got pretty much everything working, but I have one problem/question, how do I make USB reliable. I have tried twisting the wire as tight as I can get it, but I still can’t keep it going that long without an error. Are there any tips/tricks anyone can recommend for this?
  4. MWD_NAME

Hi, so more issues… I‘m really struggling with this one. The PMS-LITE is shutting itself down whenever U10 is connected. It doesn’t shut itself down with just the voltages connected but as soon as U10 is connected it turns off after about 1-2 seconds. Is the U10 voltage on the PMS meant to go...
  5. MWD_NAME

Okay, just a quick question. I’m guessing the audio straight out of the rvl-ave is analog but I’m not sure. Is it analog or digital?
  6. MWD_NAME

okay, so I have the new trim but i cant get video out of it. Is there any way of checking if U10 is actually working? I know power is getting to the board and the chips warm up. There must be something I am missing. EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will update with more progress soon!
  7. MWD_NAME

I have the new screen driver board, are the key inputs the same as the old one or different? Because they are labelled differently, but they have the same number
  8. MWD_NAME

Not hot, just a little warm. Edit: I have decided to buy another wii. This time I am going to take more care, be more thorough and do everything right. I will make neater solder joints and neater cuts. I will update you once it has arrived and I have trimmed it
  9. MWD_NAME

Ok, I will try to do that and fix some of those joints. The cpu and gpu do get warm after the power is on for a few seconds.
  10. MWD_NAME

yeah, sure. Here they are: The wires are probably a bit longer than they should be, so a little messy, but I know everything goes in the right place and power is getting to the board. Also, I'm pretty sure U10 is working. I have also tried straight from AVE-RVL and still nothing
  11. MWD_NAME

Hi, so this is a continuation of my old thread here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/beginner-wii-portable.4963/page-4. I have managed to get voltage into the Wii, but no signal. Are there any spots I can check for blown fuses etc...
  12. MWD_NAME

Beginner Wii Portable

For anyone still interested in this, I have now got my PMS LITE and I am making a new thread. This is the link https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/wii-portable-build-troubleshooting.5465/.
  13. MWD_NAME

4Layer Product Line Update

Any idea on the progress of the PMS-lites?
  14. MWD_NAME

4Layer Product Line Update

Just bought a new PMS-Lite!! Can't wait to finally get my portable up and running
  15. MWD_NAME

Beginner Wii Portable

I’m waiting on components, (4-6 weeks) and so until then, there’ll be no activity on this thread from my end. I’ll update when the situation changes but until then don’t give up on this thread. Just letting everyone know.