Recent content by MikaMaslak

1. MikaMaslak

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

Although this arrived Friday last week I have been super slow to make the post. I have been sitting on some incomplete portables for a bit now and I was mostly in need of buttons. @Kamp had me absolutely ecstatic giving me a treasure trove of buttons toggles and mixed used microprocessors. The...
  2. MikaMaslak

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Project: Wii Go Green!

Sort of correct. Manufacturers would add a bromine compound to ABS plastic to act as flame retardant . Bromine, (which is seriously corrosive stuff) causes oxidation as well and is chemically the same yellowing. This is why a 90s computer that sat in a storage locker for 30 years with no sun...
  3. MikaMaslak

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] Project: Wii Go Green!

Don't forget ABS turns yellow and becomes brittle in the Sun and heat due to photo-oxidation. being that it is intentionally going to be exposed this to high amounts of UV it Should have a thick black paint base layer on it.
  4. MikaMaslak

Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

Very glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to give you a memorable Secret Santa. I know how much you LOVE PPI, all the threads you have made in the past about memes from their portables have been hilarious to me... so I made you a little commission ;) inspired by a Charlie's brown Christmas tree. The...
  5. MikaMaslak

Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

My secret Santa this year got me an electric screw driver (with USB C) :D. I have seen people I work with using these with the inferior USB 2.0 charger. Has already made taking things apart so much easier.
  6. MikaMaslak

Question Creating Themes for RVLoader

So RVLoader is the new flagship for portable. Its functionality is amazing gotta say my socks are off team. However the aesthetics of the main theme are... well... gray. I had been working on a full custom asset theme made to look like windows95 for portablizeMii that I never got to release...
  7. MikaMaslak

The Heavii

I love this design because it is what I always through of the default mental image when you think of a portable wii for the first time. The passive cooling is enormously impressive as calculating the thermal dynamics for aluminium needed must have been a pain.
  8. MikaMaslak

Secret Santa 2019 Gift Opening Thread

Santa got me me a wallet and a neat pair of cappy socks. Idk how santa knew I needed a new wallet and that I always wear crazy socks to work but I guess the movies don't lie that he knows all.
  9. MikaMaslak

Jackson's audio amp

Howdy I'm looking to buy a Jackson's audio amp for a portable I'm in progress on. Please hmu if you have an extra one of these lying around as I've been trying to get my hands on one for quite some time now.
  10. MikaMaslak

Worklog Aesthetic Vaporwavey Theme

@cheese Thanks for the insite, I'll have to work around this as best as possible but I'm extremely looking forward to the new loader/theme system giving portables software themes that match their cool hardware themes. Hearing about the White text being a forced policy a bummer but at least I...
  11. MikaMaslak

Worklog Aesthetic Vaporwavey Theme

Finally being on break from classes has given me a chance to Continue working on this theme and I finally have updates! So from the pictures you can probably see it coming together, along with the very obvious bugs. Before I fix them I was really hoping Someone on the Portablize Mii Design...
  12. MikaMaslak

Putting 6 layer wiis inside coloured 4 layer shells! [april fools joke]

Have you ever gotten a red, black or blue wii and just really wanted it to have the less energy efficient 6 layer board inside of it? I cannot tell you how many times I have had this problem! Seriously! So I have started this worklog detailing how I am taking 6 layer boards and placing them in...
  13. MikaMaslak

Question 3D Printing Options.

Wow I can't believe I'm Just finding this out now, my google photos session never had a problem loading my post because its always running in the background.
  14. MikaMaslak

Question 3D Printing Options.

I am going to be sending one of @Gman 's wiis out to be printed but I kinda have a lot of options. The Lulzbot is actually complete free to use but the quality is shotty The 3rd one is about as precise as the object, but it only supports 1 material. The most superior printer here is the...
  15. MikaMaslak

Solved Help wiring 940nm LEDs for sensor bar

This is equation you use to find your R-limiting for an LED just plug in the values found on the data sheet where Vd is your bias voltage, Va is your initial Voltage and Vd is probably ground. Ref.