Recent content by MIchael0526

1. MIchael0526

Question Can these SNES JR consoles be repaired?

Thanks, I def have my work cut out for me, but this will be good practice.
  2. MIchael0526

This is great!! Thank you for this!! Would I be able to just follow these scans for the severely damaged chip as well?
  3. MIchael0526

This is the second console, console "B"
  4. MIchael0526

Hopefully these are bit more clear. This is the first console console "A"
  5. MIchael0526

Unfortunately, the underside of the damaged via is also missing it's pad, so as far as I know there's no other place to solder to, unless I can solder to another via that has it's pad, I'm just not sure if it would work.
  6. MIchael0526

How about the damaged pad on the 1st one? Should I rip the pad off? Should I just run a wire from the pin to the trace?
  7. MIchael0526

I was hoping someone might be able to provide some guidance on possibly repairing these SNES boards. So I have recently learned to solder and have been practicing quite a bit. I have been able to successfully install XenoGC mod chips into gamecubes, and thought an RGB amp installation would be...
  8. MIchael0526

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this site looking for more information on retro console repair and modding. I am incredibly inexperienced in terms of soldering and electronic knowledge, and am hoping to learn a thing or two here.