Recent content by mettabot

1. mettabot

Worklog First N64 Project

I couldn't wait and connected a battery anyways, and it appears to be working! So cool. Next up, audio.
  2. mettabot

Chapter 2 - Power So I tried that modification to step the video board down to 5v, and connected it to the 5v rail of the n64 motherboard, success! Next up, the N64 PMS- I got a tact connected to the button and ground (hope that's right), connected the female barrel connector (that came...
  3. mettabot

Thanks for the heads up, I did some more reading. I always assumed you needed the full 12v in, but now understand you only need 5v (and I'll have the step down for 3.3). It looks like someone on the forum has already solved the screen voltage problem for me. I can remove a piece from the driver...
  4. mettabot

Prelude- This type of project been on my bucket list for sometime, and the N64 holds a special place in my heart/memories (we all know). I've spent the last few months collected the pieces, tools, machines and (some) knowledge, and am finally ready to embark on this first "portable/custom...
  5. mettabot

N64SP v2

Wow, what a great build, can't wait to see the next revisions with your 3x3 board. Are you making another kit but for the n64? Yours, and others work on here has inspired me to jump on the bandwagon. Can't wait to kick off a n64 worklog ASAP. This console holds a place close to my heart, and...