Recent content by Merk

1. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

I when I get time again I'll try shortening the wires and seeing if I have a 50 resistor to put there. I did check the video again and he does indeed say it's not required
  2. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

I followed nachos video and I'm pretty sure he mentions the resistor wasn't needed, but maybe thats if you are using the switch?. As for the bridge I thought that was in the guide as well
  3. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

yeah np, here is what i have wired in. I dont have a a switch between the grounds since the shell i printed off was the one before the switch port was added.
  4. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

I never said i was owed anything so why dont you quit putting words in my mouth. I simply asked a question and vented some of my frustrations. I asked for a guide since im not a programmer and can find it hard to understand some of the jargon whiling digging through hundreds of posts. Also i...
  5. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

Id normally agree, but when ya have nacho promoting the project and making it out to be something simple and easy (which the board mod is) it makes it a bit misleading. I would have never jumped into this project if i knew there'd be little to no guides setting up the games.
  6. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

Im still having difficulty setting up OPL. Is there no one who has done a guide on this current OPL like what settings need changed and what format the games need to be in? Makes troubleshooting hard when i dont know if its the wiring, the adapter, my sd card, OPL settings, or my games not being...
  7. PS2 Ultra Slim

This is how I reused the power switch someone else soldered thiers to the mb. I just used some of the spare plastic inserts and hot glue
  8. PS2 Ultra Slim

Miketage i was having some issues myself until i changed the location of the switch's ground wire to a spot where it wouldnt touch the shielding.
  9. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

Thanks but i must be missing something. I have a SD adapter wired in with a samsung 64gb sd card formatted in exfat 16k. Ive also updated the OPL boot file, but no where do i get SD loader and nothing appears when i open OPL cept that it cannot detect a hard drive message.
  10. Guide Configuring your PS2 portable for SD loading (79k models)

is there anyone willing to put together a more in depth guide or link to a video on getting this working on the sd card? Im not too familiar with free mcboot so im a bit lost.
  11. PS2 Ultra Slim

Thanks, I'm actually using the original power switch. I used hacksaw to cut it down and used some epoxy to attach it so the spot where lid switch is. If it works with the case ill post pics.
  12. PS2 Ultra Slim

Is there a guide on how to add the power switch i ended using a 79 that didnt have the lid switch.