Recent content by medic3k

1. medic3k

Question battery questions

whoops sorry!!!
  2. medic3k

Question battery questions

17" is big boy screens, at that point why not just recycle an old laptop as an emulation station?? a Pi4 isnt going to emulate any console capable of 1080p output, so a screen with higher then 800x480 might be excessive for you. Either way the control board you linked is 12v 4A draw, meaning...
  3. medic3k

Question Noob, power input or output question.

those would be outputs from the regulators to the Audio/video adapter, using this part of the guide would allow you to still use the audio/video output plug on a trimmed board. if you are portablizing, you wouldnt need to connect to this port, instead wiring the Video and audio signals to your...
  4. medic3k

Solved Audio switching from speaker to headphone jack

any Audio Amp suggestions for this feature??
  5. medic3k

Solved Audio switching from speaker to headphone jack

not sure how to go about this, I've got a few of the below amps sitting around at home, but I'd like to have a 'smart adapt' feature, where if I plug in headphones it auto-mutes the speaker output and redirects to the headphones. Unplugging the headphones would do opposite. current amps I have...
  6. medic3k

Portablizing BOM

fair enough :) just making sure you dont over pay. but if you're happy with that pricepoint then go for it. itll look nice!
  7. medic3k

Solved USB not recognized

oh geeze, i really worded that poorly, thats what i meant. sorry for confusion
  8. medic3k

Portablizing BOM

you may as well use a cheaper 8" screen, most can run on 5v if you bypass the DC-DC stepdown converters from 12v->5v, some can even do 3.3v. N64 cant display 1080p anyways so you'll be paying for an unused feature in this guy when you can cut the cost down 75% for 480p output
  9. medic3k

Portablizing BOM

why is this regulator not a commonly advised option? the only variance I see is it being through-hole (just cut the posts lol) and its 0.50USD cheaper per unit. https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/texas-instruments/PTH08080WAH/296-20432-ND/724048 edit: just saw post about BOM being...
  10. medic3k

Discussion Batteries

Great. I also ended up finally finding the exact U.S. Rules in case anyone is interested: https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/more_info/?hazmat=7 it looks like 100Wh per-cell and it really only seems to be enforced on loose batteries and objects with large battery packs Also for any curious who...
  11. medic3k

Question questions regarding Power Consumption & charging

i am. ended up getting a xx-40 board. my old one was already softmodded and has no issue with coverfloader/homebrew channel as-is so ill keep it. maybe make a battery pack an/or screen, but preserve internals :)
  12. medic3k

Discussion Batteries

yikes! the cost for those two boards together is around $120USD.. thats almost twice what the entire rest of the project has cost me. ill stick with the red CMB i linked and a 12v wall-DC power supply, it may not be as convinient for portability (haul extra charger around) but its only going to...
  13. medic3k

still need to braid the data wires, bom is just plain mag wire. take two pieces of the mag wire, braid it, hook to pin 2. take two new pieces, braid them, hook to pin 3. its more stable for data transfer of USB
  14. medic3k

are the wires for the USB pins 2 & 3 of equal length, and braided? or is this specific USB thumb-drive giving you the issues?
  15. medic3k

Discussion Batteries

I have an OLD wii (-01 motherboard, I still have the box as I was like 141st one sold in US) so I assume power consumption will be high, closer to 20W then 10W of a -30 or newer board. But what effect on this does the OMGWTF 6layer trim have? obviously the wifi module, power and temp safety...