Recent content by mattfy

1. mattfy

Question Help with stock Wii motherboard

Doing a follow up to this thread just in case someone finds this useful. I was about to remove all the voltage regulators from the motherboard when I saw something odd in the SD card slot, I did a thorough inspection and found out the SD slot had 2 pins bent backwards shorting against metal...
  2. mattfy

Ok so I gave it a good clean with isopropyl alcohol and it didn't work. I guess I'll have to hook it up to a PMS, I have to remove every single stock voltage regulator in the motherboard first, right?
  3. mattfy

I removed them, I even swapped them out with a wifi and bluetooth module from a working wii to see if it would turn on that way but it didn't.
  4. mattfy

Here are some photos of the board
  5. mattfy

So, I got this free Wii from a friend that I wanted to trim. He told me it didn't turn on but he didn't know if it was the console itself or the AC adapter, I hooked it up to my AC adapter and it did turn on for a while but suddenly turned off and stopped working. I unplugged everything and...
  6. mattfy

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi, I'm Matt. I'm new to modding consoles, I'm interested in trimming a wii, I got 2 wiis that I can potentially trim but I got a few problems with one of them and I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it lol.