Recent content by Matt d

1. Question Laptop build keeps overheating

Yeah I’ve been using an old laptop heatsink since I mangled the wii one with a hammer,
  2. Question Laptop build keeps overheating

hey guys I have a 6 layer ( hottest wii) board I put in an old iBook, bent the heat sinks so it will fit, stock fan included but not directly pulling off heatsink. Anyways, Wii stays on for 10 minutes or so.. then shuts down, no power lights to board. Unplug it and reboot it boots fine. Any ideas?
  3. Question Can I wire lcd driver board straight to Wii pub?

Thanks! Which one is power and which ones grd?
  4. Question Can I wire lcd driver board straight to Wii pub?

Top image is adapter for driver board, I’d like to get rid of using it. Next image is lcd driver board power input which I need help wiring to... Hey guys I have a laptop driver board that needs 12v and I’d like to just grab 12v off the Wii to negate the use of two power bricks going into my...
  5. Worklog Wiimote emulation through GC controller

I would like this just to navigate the hombres channel with gc controller plugged in
  6. Question Do I have large enough heat sink?

It’s a 6 later board, the hottest one, and I’ve stolen an old laptop heatsink for my Wii portable, is this large enough to dissipate the heat from the Wii I plan on adding on the stock Wii fan
  7. Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Anybody have the wii2hdmi pin outs? I cannot seem to find anything googling. I wanna know which lines I need to pull to go to the Wii av input Thanks!
  8. Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

What traces would I ... if any.... need to rewire if I cut this PCB in half for a portable project?
  9. Worklog MacBook Wii: infant stages

What are my options for controllers? In the future I’d like to do a portable and I cannot find anywhere on the site where a tut is
  10. Worklog MacBook Wii: infant stages

Here’s the picture of WII pcb tactile switch is like to solder onto. SW3 Can I solder directly to the points on both sides of SW3 to 1+3 on a tactile switch to have a working button?
  11. Worklog MacBook Wii: infant stages

Okay I have a 4w speaker going straight into my LVDS board, but, how do I control volume? And how would that be wired in? Also looking to put some extensions into the tactile switches on the WII pub and extend them to outer shell I fabricated. I’ll include pictures, but am looking for a crude...
  12. Worklog MacBook Wii: infant stages

So here's my build on a 'portable' Wii. I'm building this off a hollowed out Ibook g4 • ibook G4 with LVDS board to hdmi • Softmodded Wii • Plastix project box • 4watt speakers from adafruit Needs: Volume control Tactile switch wiring •controllers: this build will mainly be used for n64 and...