Recent content by loopj

1. loopj

Worklog Wundervolt - a programmable, undervoltable, Wii PSU

Quick update, the boards arrived at the end of January and look great! I'm going to try to assemble one soon, but I forgot to order the inductors in my last DigiKey order - so have to wait for those. In the mean time I've written some basic firmware and an I2C driver for the LP8758. Still...
  2. loopj

MGC 2024

This was my first ever MGC, and it was a blast. Managed to catch @Downing's panel in the vendor hall The BitBuilt Experience™️ room was PACKED on Saturday lunchtime. My favorite part was hearing people shout "wow" when looking at the builds. Surprisingly I didn't hear much "is this a...
  3. loopj

Short Stack - The World's Smallest Wii

The ATtiny1616 (and all tinyAVR 0/1/2 series MCUs) is programmed via UPDI. I use a 3-pin handheld pogo probe connected to a SerialUPDI programmer.
  4. loopj

Yes! The firmware is on the GitHub repo and handles the power on/off logic and the addressable LEDs. The three pads above U8 are for flashing the compiled firmware:
  5. loopj

World's Smallest Nintendo Wii, using a trimmed motherboard and custom stacked PCBs https://github.com/loopj/short-stack Features World's smallest "to scale" Wii console Powered by USB-C HDMI for lossless digital audio and video (powered by GCVideo) Bluetooth for Wii remotes and...
  6. loopj

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

What sort of framerate are we talking for SkiFree?
  7. loopj

Worklog Project Short Stack

It turns out that I'm absolutely terrible at keeping a worklog updated as I build! I'm working on a cutting edge post right now, but figured I'd do one last worklog post that contains the fun stuff I forgot to post along the way. Back in January I ordered my first revision boards. Assembly was...
  8. loopj

RVLoader v2.0

The wii system menu only works if you have relocated Bluetooth. Is this on a trimmed board without Bluetooth?
  9. loopj

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

Love to see it working first time!
  10. loopj

Worklog Wiiboy Color II Worklog

11. loopj

Guide Soft Shutdown / Power-on Via Bluetooth

On an untrimmed wii, yes pulsing POWER high will turn off the Wii. On a trimmed Wii with custom regs, you will need to wait for the "reply" pulse on the SHUTDOWN gpio, and then disable the regulators yourself.
  12. loopj

Guide Soft Shutdown / Power-on Via Bluetooth

When we trim a Wii motherboard for a portable or miniature build, we trim off the stock power regulator circuits and replace them with our own. Most builds replace these power rails with something like the 4Layer Technologies RVL-PMS or CrazyGadget’s PSU-Plus. Almost all regulator circuits used...
  13. loopj

Worklog Retro Lite CM5

14. loopj

Guide Wii Undervolting "guide" and stats. (incomplete)

This is a really cool finding. It still sounds we'll save some power consumption by undervolting both 1V and 1V15 seperately BUT it does mean we have the option of simplifying builds. On non-portable builds, we can drop a regulator completely!
  15. loopj

Worklog Nintendo Vegas

I recently watched a video of a reballing approach using solder paste. In this approach, instead of reballing the chip, they reball the board itself. I feel like this approach might make it easier to keep things flat and level. Maybe helpful here?