Recent content by Kyosho

1. Kyosho

Board scan Great Cheap 240p Line Doubler

This is one of a handful of devices that are direct clones of the original RetroTink 2X (now known as the Classic) that have come out of China. There's this one, the ODV (Original Drawing Video), the Retroscaler2X and one or two others. The ODV at least changed their board layout a bit to make...
  2. Kyosho

Question Terrible audio using the PTH08000 switching regulator from all the old guides.

Yikes. This is beyond just being embarrassing. This is absolutely atrocious. I don't know how I ever felt safe turning the system on with soldering like that. This must've been like 2007ish. Back when I was using unleaded solder and didn't know flux was a thing and so always ended up using a ton...
  3. Kyosho

Question Terrible audio using the PTH08000 switching regulator from all the old guides.

Can do. It's going to be embarrassing as hell, I'm sure. It's from my era of "if it works and isn't bridging anything, it's good, right?!" I'll try and get some pics in a bit here. Gotta find my gamebit screwdriver. This isn't a new problem, by the way. I had this back when I first did the mod...
  4. Kyosho

Several years back (10ish?), I needed a new N64 PSU, and figured, "Screw it, if I ever make a portable from it, might as well just build my own and it'll be ready later." Well, it's later, and good god does the audio sound awful. Not sure if it's due to it being a switching regulator, or if it...
  5. Kyosho

Late night modding

Stupid quick'n'dirty transplant.
  6. Kyosho

Store

Been considering getting one of the Game Boy carts (and a programmer) for a while now, and toward the beginning of the month I thought I'd finally get one.. But noticed the store was down. Came back today and it's still down. Is it going to be coming back? Did Noah run into some kind of issue...
  7. Kyosho

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Is this where the community is now? I can never keep up. I've been around for a long time. Used to be on the BenHeck forums all the time back in the day, before the community split off into a million different places (which I was always against). Built my first portable in 2005-ish? Anyway, hi.