Recent content by Kamp

1. Kamp

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] DS Lite XL

Thanks for the kind words! I will say that the change to the cart slot was more of a stylistic decision and the design could pretty easily be updated to use either configuration with some slight changes to the lower shell and maybe cartridge slot PCB. I really like the look of the flush GBA...
  2. Kamp

Thanks for sharing this! At a glance, this looks the same as the schematic I used, so hopefully that bodes well for me boards! And thanks again for giving me some initial guidance and inspiration!
  3. Kamp

I actually didn't look very much into the DSi xl upper screen after I ruled out using it for my build. As for the lower screen, I haven't tested my design yet, so I can't really give you a correct pinout! I definitely recommend making a schematic instead of using a spreadsheet, it might make it...
  4. Kamp

I did consider this early on, and its definitely possible, but there were a couple reason that I decided against it: - I wanted something 3D printed so that it could be made more cleanly than cutting up an existing shell. Because I had also reverse engineered the DS lite shell, if I switched to...
  5. Kamp

I'd recommend looking through the excellent GBAtek by Problemkaputt website. There's a lot of info on this site, including the screen pinouts for DSi and DS lite screen connectors.
  6. Kamp

I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. The screens use the same communication scheme, but have different pinouts. This means that you could use any screen in place of any other screen, as long as the pins are being mapped correctly, and things like the backlight and speakers are...
  7. Kamp

Quick update on boards! Board designs are finished and being ordered. Here’s a preview of them: Board for relocating the upper and lower screens, as well as the left side buttons and potentially the volume slider: Next is a flex cable to make is so that I don’t need to solder around 80 wires...
  8. Kamp

Because I'm using a DS Lite and not an original DS, I don't think there are any internal capture cards that I could use. However, the TV out mod could be used to send the DS screen info to a dedicated capture device! I'm working on designing the PCBs so that they are as easy to install as...
  9. Kamp

Definitely! Using something like Makho's SP Battery Mod (https://github.com/makhowastaken/AGS_LIPO), I'd be able to pretty cleanly use any size of LiPo. I was originally thinking that it would be cool to use the original battery and battery compartment door, but I think that the 3D printed shell...
  10. Kamp

Hi again, I’ve made some progress towards the next step for this project that I thought I’d share: Firstly, I did a lot more test printing and made a lot of tweaks for fit and assembly: Here’s how it’s looking in CAD! And here are some 3D prints I had done. The first is a scaled up guitar hero...
  11. Kamp

SparkleBoard64 Mini.

PM'd as well!
  12. Kamp

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

I'm glad my technique of throwing all of the buttons at you worked! Looks like those red GC buttons will go well with your shell, I can't wait to see it BUTTONED up! I hope you can get some use out of the other buttons and the MCUs!
  13. Kamp

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

I apologize for the late post about my secret santa gift! I got a big box in the mail before Christmas from none other than Y2K! Upon opening it, I was greeted by a very nice letter and a modded PS3 in excellent condition! I've never owned a PS3 (or really any modded console) and I've really...
  14. Kamp

Finally starting to see the fruits of my CAD work! Before printing anything out, I did a quick check with the DSi XL touch screen plugged directly into the DS lite board, and it worked without any problems or calibration needed! With that checked out, I printed out the 4 main components to...
  15. Kamp

Hello again, The updates to the 3D model have been going well! So far, I have finished updating the upper clamshell and the lower face to be the correct size and correct all of the original geometry to work at the new scale. Inserting the screens and DS Lite board into the CAD have shown me...