Recent content by Kadano

1. Question Need help creating a Wii "tablet"

It was this one: I did measure it exactly like shown, both adapters in series. I have a Wii that I've been using for lag measurements since ~2016, for which I've soldered wires for Y and ground to the respective multi AV pins so I can easily connect the Wii side of the video signal chain to my...
  2. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Ah, thanks for alerting me to that. My idea when I made this picture was to separate the default traces connecting those pins, so that I could connect a Multi-AV plug to VGA cable. (I never went through with that, instead soldering internally.) Of course in this case soldering to the H and V...
  3. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

If you're going to keep the Wii Multi AV port, you have a much easier time soldering to the pins there. Below is what I used. Edit: above is only valid for the RGB pins, the H and V pins are not actually wired this way. I just considered to connect them this way (by separating their traces...
  4. Question Need help creating a Wii "tablet"

Those cheap Wii to HDMI adapters are actually lagless. I measured Wii Y signal vs G output (of Wii HDMI → HDMI to VGA adapter) and found a delay of about 3 µs, which is 0.003 ms and completely irrelevant. See below, first picture is a few single frames of white horizontal lines that flash up for...
  5. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

It sounds like your TV has combined CVBS / YPbPr sockets. On some capture cards, these are strangely combined in the way that the composite video plug inserts into the Pb socket, not into the Y socket. If it's implemented like this on your TV, it would cause exactly this issue that you are...
  6. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Yes, it does. I just opened it, did the "update" (which deleted the settings), but priiloader VGA still shows the exact same error message.
  7. Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

At step 4, I get "IOS36 isn't ES_Identify patched : error -1017." Are there some patching steps assumed to have been done that I'm not aware of? The Wii that I've done the wiring on has only had the homebrew channel installed (through LetterBomb) and regular Priiloader (0.8) set up, no further...
  8. Shank's Wii Super Thread

RVL-CPU-50 photos Power draw comparison Measuring device: Pro Vision KD 302 Wattmeter Reference setting: Super Smash Bros. Melee PAL started in 480p through Nintendont from SD card, with only a Gamecube controller, component cables, the power supply and a sensor bar connected. In-game...
  9. Shank's Wii Super Thread

Hi and thanks a lot for making the effort of documenting the different Wii revisions here. It was very interesting to read about the differences in layout and power consumption. I own roughly 15 Wiis and the one that arrived just today turned out to be a 50 revision (as evident by removing the...