Recent content by Jonny

1. Jonny

Worklog Toshiiba

Those angles are Crisp! Nice trim!
  2. Jonny

Worklog JS2-PS2 portable with compact ETH loading

As the title states, I plan to make a PS2 portable with ETH loading, using an Orange Pi Zero or a Nano Pi Neo, if I can get the latter working properly. so far, I have almost all of my parts, PS2PMS, Uamp, Screen coming in the next few days, and my batteries. I've had my orange pi and my nano...
  3. Jonny

Question Battery powering a PS2

Another thing you should consider is the model of PlayStation you want to use. I highly highly recommend using a 79000 model because they can fit reasonably into a handheld, and you'll get the most documentation/support with it. They're not ridiculously pricey (portablizing is not cheap) usually...
  4. Jonny

Question Ps1 Classic portable?

No, you wouldn't need a PSIO. if you were doing an actual PS1, then you would, or a disc drive. the PS classic works just fine without any extras. what you have here looks good.
  5. Jonny

Portablizing BOM

Amazon return policy isn't good for much if you plan on taking it apart to fit it into a portable. I can vouch for the zj050NA-08c, its a really crisp screen and its a good size for a portable.(and is super easy to 5v mod) Be careful ordering an 8 inch screen for a handheld, because its...
  6. Jonny

PLight

I tried both HDMI and composite, and I still get latency. I haven't tweaked too many settings yet, I was just wondering how many people had the problem. Most of the showcases I've seen have said there's no delay, but Google searching my problem lead to a vast number of others with the same...
  7. Jonny

PLight

have you had any issues with latency? I'm working on a pi zero as well, and i decided to try and play some games as soon as i got retropie working, and the amount of delay there is makes the games almost completely unplayable. Also what do you mean it doesn't run full speed smw? have you tried...
  8. Jonny

Reggie is retiring

F
  9. Jonny

Worklog Ps2 Portables

I did the exact same thing, and tried to use a 77001. Not only is the documentation much worse, it's too big to be practically put into a portable unit. Now I am not saying that it's impossible, but i highly recommend ordering a 79001 and using that instead. As well as being smaller, I found the...
  10. Jonny

Worklog Ps2 Portables

relocating the capacitor should be fine, and it would probably work just fine without it, honestly but to address the elephant in the room, why are you using a fat ps2 mobo? There's a lot more support for the 7900x model, and its almost half the size, and the power draw is much less.
  11. Jonny

(Canceled) Short BitBuilt Documentary?

I think this would be really cool to see! Make sure you post it here once you're done!
  12. Jonny

Question Tac Switches

tact*****
  13. Jonny

Thinking about plugging spare components into an extension cord. Might livestream tomorrow

Thinking about plugging spare components into an extension cord. Might livestream tomorrow
  14. Jonny

Worklog Ps2 portable (to be named)

http://www.ti.com/product/tps55330/datasheet Sorry my computer was acting stupid
  15. Jonny

Worklog Ps2 portable (to be named)

Okay I have decided that i want to use a 2s3p battery pack, with a boost converter. so far, I've found this boost converter, from TI. this regulator is supposed to go between my battery output and my PS2 input. Let me know what you guys think.