Recent content by Joe DiCristo

1. Joe DiCristo

Question Tac Switches

Hi! So I am shopping for my last parts that I need for the portable one of the remaining parts are the tact switches. I looked at the BOM and the squishy tacts were out of stock last time I checked. What squishy and clicky tacts would you recommend that I buy? Thanks! Joe
  2. Joe DiCristo

Question Screen for Wii Portable

Ok, great to hear! I was actually looking at your upcoming wii build and I noticed that you used an 800*480 screen and it looked gorgeous, even through the camera. Would you recommend that panel over this one? Also, are there any scaling issues on that screen since the resolution is 800*480...
  3. Joe DiCristo

Question Screen for Wii Portable

Hi! After digging up some money I am finally shopping for parts for my wii portable. Lately, I've been looking for displays for the portable and this one was recommended to me earlier for a portable gamecube. While the display looks great spec wise, one thing is problematic: the voltage input...
  4. Joe DiCristo

Question Battery For Portable Gamecube

Thanks! How do you recommend charging the cells before putting them on the red board? Will I need to buy a smart charger for them that connects to the wall?
  5. Joe DiCristo

Well, RIP the Gamecube. Let's cut a Wii!

Well, RIP the Gamecube. Let's cut a Wii!
  6. Joe DiCristo

Ok, thank you so much! Edit: @Stitches Will the red board work with 4 of the 3.7V Panasonic cells? The picture only depicts two and I want to make sure it won't over volt anything.
  7. Joe DiCristo

@GingerOfOz Ok, thank you so much! Also, do I need to use the "smart charger" with the red board or will any charger work?
  8. Joe DiCristo

Thanks for your reply! I have finally decided to switch to a Wii after coming to the conclusion that there is no real reason to spend $100+ on a Wiikey fusion when I could just buy a $20 Wii. So, I have decided on getting 4 of the Panasonic batteries and building custom regulators. However, what...
  9. Joe DiCristo

Where can I find a GC+ For Sale?

Hi! I am building a wii portable and would love a GC+ for my build. Does anyone have one for sale? Thanks, Joe
  10. Joe DiCristo

Does anyone have a Mega drive v5?

Hi, I am interested in buying a Megadrive v5. It is out of stock on badass consoles and I am going to need one for my next portable. Does anyone have any for sale? Thanks, Joe
  11. Joe DiCristo

Teach me master?

Teach me master?
  12. Joe DiCristo

Hello! Thanks to this forum I have been making great progress and I am feeling more confident in completing this seemingly impossible Gamecube Portable project! However, one question that still troubles me is the choice of battery. I am thinking of keeping everything 12V to ensure stability...
  13. Joe DiCristo

Question Screen for Gamecube Portable

Thank you so much for the heads up and I'll keep that in mind! I honestly would rather build a Wii portable because of the pure beauty that is PortablizeMii (you guys are amazing) so even if this Gamecube portable doesn't work out ill just take what I learned and apply it to my Wii portable...
  14. Joe DiCristo

You..you created the waverider.

You..you created the waverider.
  15. Joe DiCristo

Question Screen for Gamecube Portable

Oh yes I am very aware and I would love to build a wii portable in the future! Honestly I'm building this Gamecube portable more for practice and I plan on building a wii portable soon after I learn everything. I also don't trust myself with a dremel and I'm very scared of breaking wii boards...