Recent content by Jmoney

1. Jmoney

Composite is working but VGA is not

Thanks to you and everyone else for the replies! With some quirks it is working, so I will let it work :)
  2. Jmoney

Thanks for the suggestion I didn't know you could do that. With the forced progressive enabled I see no difference though. The game still asks me if I want to enable it and the screen is shifted until it's enabled in game.
  3. Jmoney

The only way I know how to enable progressive is when a game asks if you want to on start up. Is there another way? I'm mostly talking in the RVloader menu-- I thought I should be able to switch between composite and VGA but when I press source it just swaps to a black screen which I'm not sure...
  4. Jmoney

MY mistake in my last comment I meant to say I cannot switch back to composite
  5. Jmoney

Okay this may have been a false alarm. I went into a game that asked to enable progressive mode. Which I did and now the picture is a lot clearer and the menu settings are different (and include RGB settings). However I cannot switch back to VGA with the source button now. Is that normal?
  6. Jmoney

3.3V is good, but how do I check if the VGA output is set to progressive?
  7. Jmoney

But they are twisted
  8. Jmoney

Hey there! Earlier in the build I skipped the VGA wiring step just to get everything else together and make sure buttons/audio were working. Everything was working great so I disassembled it again to get the VGA hooked up. After getting that wiring complete (see attached photos), the unit now...
  9. Jmoney

What is the purpose of switching to VGA?

Thank you very much for the info! I'll likely skip it for now, get the audio going/confirm full function and come back to it if the video quality bothers me later.
  10. Jmoney

What is the purpose of switching to VGA?

Probably a noob question, but Step 15 in the guide (https://manual.bitbuilt.net/step/switching-to-vga/15/) is confusing to me because my screen is working and I can load a game from RV loader. So in my eyes everything having to do with video is already complete.. Is this step just for if you...
  11. Jmoney

G-boy rev 3 Screen flickers on then off

Haha I see what you mean though am very slightly concerned it could cause a problem later. Or maybe it simply has to do with part variation between these kits. Beyond what I've shown in differences between the guide vs what I'm seeing on the screen, I also noticed this on other areas of the...
  12. Jmoney

Breakthrough: Somehow removing the small ground wire to the screen solved my issue. The TP50 pad where that small wire originates on the Wii still has continuity with the common ground through the AWG22 wire from PMS to screen (blue wire in my case). I can't make sense of why this solved the...
  13. Jmoney

Do I need to disconnect the video lines going to the trimmed Wii board before plugging in the composite to another console? Also am assuming the barrel jack is to give 5V to power the screen but I don't have an power supply for this, so would need to rely on the battery in the Gboy which I don't...
  14. Jmoney

Thanks for the info! I haven't found any shorts but won't claim I couldn't have missed something. I did check the PMS 1V, 1.15V, 1.8V, and 3.3V against ground and all are reading correctly. I also followed that guide to check resistances between all voltage lines and ground on the Wii board back...
  15. Jmoney

Best I can try now is reflowing solder joints and potentially relocating that one resistor. I do not have nor know the spec's for the diode so not sure what I can do there. I was under the assumption that they sent out different board/component configurations which would explain minor...