Recent content by Jakesirwalski

1. Jakesirwalski

Worklog My quest to fix this N64 Portable

Forgot to post pictures, sorry folks. Still works like a charm. :D
  2. Jakesirwalski

I have finally fixed it. I got all of the loose wires re-soldered. Everything is functional. I also bought x3 3800mah batteries and replaced the old ones! I checked voltages and all before soldering them to the console's wires. The battery life used to be 1 hour, now it's 3-4 hours. I closed...
  3. Jakesirwalski

That circuit board. All four wires tore, they were already too loose. :( (ignore red circle)
  4. Jakesirwalski

The wires got ripped off from it's circuit board while I was fixing it.
  5. Jakesirwalski

Hey guys! Small update: It still works after a week or so of playing with it (using a controller), I have been very happy with it. :) I am ready to open it back up and fix the joystick wiring! I have already attempted to solder one of the connections back together and I can't get them to...
  6. Jakesirwalski

Big news! For the first time of me owning this, it functioned 100% all day yesterday with no freezes nor tweaks needed. All I did was clean up that white gunk, loosen some wires behind the A/B/C buttons, and left out a couple of screws over the motherboard. It works open and closed. It has ran...
  7. Jakesirwalski

This is interesting... and wet??
  8. Jakesirwalski

Update 1.5.... The success rate of the machine activating went way up. BUT now need to resolder the wires connecting to the joystick... They got torn off while I was working on it. I have never soldered before and I am scared to mess it up. Advice?
  9. Jakesirwalski

Question Portable 64 Repair?? Please help!

Hey guys! I decided to work on it myself and I am updating the thread there. I believe I have found out what is causing the problem. Here is the thread: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/my-quest-to-fix-this-n64-portable.2113/#post-26878
  10. Jakesirwalski

Very good point. I was thinking the same exact thing tonight, what kind of insulation would be safe?
  11. Jakesirwalski

Update #1: I believe I have found the culprit. Seems like this piece needs to be in a very specific location in order for the n64 engine to function. I am 95% sure this is the problem. I got it to function while I was pushing it in, then it froze as usual when I moved it again. This would...
  12. Jakesirwalski

Hey guys! I've decided to make this a project for myself. With my determination and local connections, I have faith that I will eventually fix this portable. As known from my last thread, the N64 engine does not like to activate with the rest of the machine majority of the time. I opened it up...
  13. Jakesirwalski

I appreciate all of the feedback and considerate advice, thanks guys! I was obviously upsold on something that doesn't function. I am attempting to return it for a refund, but that could go either way. If I have to keep it, I accept my loss. I will keep it for the novelty.. in hopes someday I...
  14. Jakesirwalski

Thank you for your words of encouragement, but I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. I would break it if I tried. haha I don't think it's fried, I had it working great at some points of me owning it. Every part of the machine works great! EXCEPT the N64 engine I'm assuming. Battery life...