Recent content by Jack Sasquatch

1. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog The SixtyForce

I've bondo'd and sanded the heck out of the case, and it's ready to be painted once I've gotten the last details worked out. This week: Cut spaces for a power switch and volume controls Installed nuts in most of the standoffs Trimmed the PSone board and attached headers Started on the Dpad...
  2. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog The SixtyForce

Got a lovely package in the mail yesterday from @Matthew! It's going to need quite a bit of touching up, but the bones are there. I'm more than happy with my first 3D printing experiment. @Booshman, I took your advice and moved the buttons to a more traditional arrangement. I'm pretty sure I've...
  3. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

Just for fun, I downloaded the MBB archive and dug up my original post to see if I had any info that might be useful. Here's some more pics of the original concept and casework: The 18650's I used originally were from a 14.8v laptop battery. Who knows as to their origin. Seemed to work...
  4. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

Oh, geez, yeah you have the perfect implementation right there on a silver platter. Those docking wheels are the way to go.
  5. Jack Sasquatch

Okay, here's the rough implementation for my portable design. When the AV-out port is connected, the switch disconnects power from the screen. My pinch point is that most of those switches are rated for really small amp loads. I don't know what your female port looks like, exactly, but if...
  6. Jack Sasquatch

Yep, they do share the 3.3v lines and GND. I've done the P1 switch, and it's not the most elegant, but it works. What would be really cool, is hack a low-push-force switch (don't know the proper term) to be pressed when you connect the dock port. I've salvaged them from nerf guns, and am...
  7. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

Well, thanks! It was actually my first frankencasing experience. I wasn't really happy with the waterslide decals I used on my first portable, so I used these decals for this case and they worked TREMENDOUSLY. Highly, highly recommend. I would get extras, they come in handy for all sorts of...
  8. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

Jack the Hacking Sasquatch. I should start a circus troupe. Brushed up on the Wii mega-thread, I think things are a lot clearer regarding power now. I was under the misconception that one of the main reasons for custom regulators was to increase efficiency. I'm just going to go with a 4s2p pack...
  9. Jack Sasquatch

Ghosts SSWiiT Revitalized

With headers like these, who needs screw posts?
  10. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

Gotcha...so, say I were to run it off of a 3s3p pack at 11.1v instead, using the stock regs. Is the board's wattage requirement independent of voltage, so the amperage requirement would drop off as I approached the nominal 12v it's designed for? I'm aware of the voltage/AH tradeoff for runtime...
  11. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

I meeeeeean, I'm not saying it's a power brick with a screen attached....but....it's definitely a power brick with a screen attached. Unfortunately, it's a CPU-01, so I'm expecting the sucker to be pretty power hungry. Just got PM installed, and am super glad to get rid of that disk drive board...
  12. Jack Sasquatch

Worklog Wii To Go

While waiting on my initial 3D print for the SixtyForce, I'm going to revisit an old diamond in the rough. Thought y'all might appreciate something a little different... Here's my 90% completed portable Wii "tablet," begun when Wii modding was hardly a thing. All I had to go off of for...
  13. Jack Sasquatch

Question Carb board wii portable?

Damn, I like the idea. I have a cardboard mockup of a case done for test-fitting purposes, and for a lot of reasons, it works really well. Hot glue sticks like a mother, it can be easily trimmed, and it's light. The corrugation is tough to deal with unless you're really obsessive, though. You...
  14. Jack Sasquatch

That is MEGA slick. You're convincing me that a Wii U shell is in my future... Anyway, I realized there were a few loose ends from earlier in the project that no one seemed to address. Pardon me if you've worked the details out already. For your board trim, everything looks about right as long...