Recent content by indierocker774

1. indierocker774

LCD inductor

Thank god, that’s so good to hear. Thank you!
  2. indierocker774

LCD inductor

Update: while starting to solder the cap back I fumbled and dropped it. It’s now MIA as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what type of cap that particular one is and where I could source it?
  3. indierocker774

LCD inductor

Sweet, thanks!
  4. indierocker774

LCD inductor

So while desoldering the LCD conductor I accidentally let my solder touch the little guy in the attached image and he floated away. I’m confident I can solder him back, but is there a specific orientation for its placement? Thanks!
  5. indierocker774

Changes to VSYS location on RVL PMS

I can't believe I missed that :facepalm:. Thank you!
  6. indierocker774

Changes to VSYS location on RVL PMS

Hey all, I've noticed a change on the RVL PMS I have vs what's used in the manual and need some guidance. In section 7, Wiring the USB, step 3 shows the location of the VSYS as being in center lower left of the board, whereas my board has a pad on the lower left corner. Images attached showing...
  7. indierocker774

Indie's G-Boy Build Worklog: Orange Edition

Thanks! That right wire does look especially rough doesn't it :facepalm:. I'll redo those next time I work on it.
  8. indierocker774

PiR8_BTY's Build Thread

Well done!!! What was the process for swapping your screen and where did you source the part? It seems like a worthwhile upgrade!
  9. indierocker774

Indie's G-Boy Build Worklog: Orange Edition

Hey folks, I thought I'd make a worklog to show off my build so far, so here goes. I've just reached the point where I successfully tested power to the fan and mounting my SD card, so all of my photos are from everything leading up to that point. Also, big shout out to BitBuilt member Blackcube...
  10. indierocker774

Soldering check

Here’s a follow up for y’all. I need to solder the SDA & SCL pads to the PMS, but mine are in a different location than the board in the guides image. Was there a revision? I’ve attached images of both. Seems obvious enough, but I just want to make sure before I go ahead! Edit: I checked images...
  11. indierocker774

Soldering check

Yeah I also noticed that I didn’t initially clean. No bueno!
  12. indierocker774

Soldering check

I did exactly as you suggested and I think I did a considerably better job than I did with the battery clips. How you like these apples? B|
  13. indierocker774

Soldering check

My connections seem sturdy so far, so I think I’ll leave them for now and be more mindful about my wire routing and use of flux on pads. Speaking of wires, my next step is to wire up the fan to the 3.3v capacitor. I’ve fed the wire through just fine, and I have a smaller tip that I think will...
  14. indierocker774

Soldering check

I actually have a pair of Klein 22-32AWG strippers (that work really well and infinitely better than the garbage Harbour Freight auto strippers I started with). But based on the temperature you use, it sounds like my iron was just too hot for the shielding. I've been using mine at 550F, and...
  15. indierocker774

Soldering check

Hey everyone, I just finished wiring up the battery clips & pads and would like a spot check if someone would be so kind. I’m brand new to all of this so I know things are rough! Also, if anyone has any tips on how to not heat up the wire shielding that would be great. I know exposed wire isn’t...