Recent content by Ibprofen98

1. Ibprofen98

Question SNES heat sinks and such

I am just curious if anyone on here has knowledge in this area. I am back to work on my SNES portable. The two questions I have are: 1. Can I just use the 7805 step down regulator if I put a proper heat sink on it or will it get too hot? 2. I am not planning on including any kind of fan, and...
  2. Ibprofen98

Worklog IBP'S Yet-to-be-named Portable

Hey all! Going to finish my SNESP as soon as possible and then I will compete in this competition! I don't want to reveal quite yet what my idea is, I'm pretty stoked about it, honestly. :D Good luck to everyone!
  3. Ibprofen98

Worklog IBP's SNES Portable

I'm torn between my two options I have for OG controller support and OG AV support. I would like to maintain the ability to use this as regular SNES system, original controller ports and AV port. My two ideas are this. One, include all 3 ports, av and two controller ports, in the front of the...
  4. Ibprofen98

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi Blackheart, welcome! Making an n64 portable is a really good starting point, it's the first and only one I've completed so far, and the people on this site are fantastic and very helpful. To get started, go to the guides section and read all of the console modding 101 pages, then read all...
  5. Ibprofen98

Well, lucky for me I already relocated it and it booted just fine B|, although that was with wall power, so we'll see if that changes once batteries are in play. Thanks for the info though! :D
  6. Ibprofen98

Anybody know where I can find information on the power draws of an SNES like this? Will it run on 7.4v batteries? I can't find information anywhere, but I think the entire system might actually run on 5v? I really wish that right from the beginning I would have bought a Jr model (you can still...
  7. Ibprofen98

Discussion Batteries

Found my answer back a little in this thread, but just to confirm, I have the batteries, the red board, will be hooking them up with 2 7.4v packs, I don't need a smart charger, I got all that down, know I don't need any other boards, just one final question, does this satisfactorily allow me to...
  8. Ibprofen98

Discussion Batteries

I have a couple questions about my battery setup. I have four Panasonic li-ion batteries that I will use to make 2 7.4v battery packs, and my goal is to be able to charge and play. I purchased this circuit last year, and I believe it is the right one, but I need to be sure. It's a 2s board...
  9. Ibprofen98

Made an oopsie... So I decided to finally cut out the pieces from the motherboard in order to make it able to fit around the screw posts. Just now realizing it would have been much much MUCH better and smarter to drill holes through the board and use the screw posts to hold the motherboard in...
  10. Ibprofen98

I literally teared up laughing at that, it's beautiful! I didn't see that was an option, thank goodness I can stop using stupid photo bucket!!! And thanks for the compliments, I really want this to look professional.
  11. Ibprofen98

More progress! Not much, but a good step. I super glued parts of the the border portion of the screen bezel into the case to hold the screen. It actually is a nice tight fit which to hold the screen in on its own, so after I add screw down brackets when I close it up it won't be going anywhere...
  12. Ibprofen98

I'm back! Phew! It's been a while! Decided to put in some more work on this guy! Here's pictures with brief descriptions. Case after cutting holes and Frankencasing in the controller parts First application of Bondo Some sanding, more Bondo needed of course. Bondo done? Maybe it'll need...
  13. Ibprofen98

I am definitely planning on doing that at some point, but the order of that kind of thing, everdrive64, that kinda thing, is kinda steep! Especially considering I'm planning on picking up a Switch here in the next couple of weeks! ;)
  14. Ibprofen98

Acrylic vs polycarbonate

Hey all. So I purchased the plexiglass (acrylic) that iput in my case front at my local glass and plastic supply store, and the things they had was 1/8, which meant the edges didn't line up due to different thicknesses. I asked if they had anything thinner and they said that was the thingsth...
  15. Ibprofen98

Progress! Got the plexiglass epoxied into place. I didn't get it 100% flush, despite using ductape across the front and Wheeling weighing it down from behind, but it is not protruding, instead it's slightly inset, so it can be fixed with body filter when I get to that stage. Definitely not...