Recent content by hazardousracerx

1. hazardousracerx

Question CMB charge

I'm using the red CMBs with my PS2Go and they will still charge the batteries at the lower voltage, just slightly slower. I tested down to 8.5v input and the batteries still fully charged. The different manufacturers may choose to use different rated components though so YMMV.
  2. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update: Well, s**t. I have run out of available free time to work on this until after I move. The current state is only slightly further than my previous post. Had to sand down the clear coat and repaint the case because I took too much off in a few areas. I began combining all the...
  3. hazardousracerx

My PS2W build

This looks great! Good job!
  4. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Working on the clear coat... have to sand it back down and reapply to fix the craters/pinholes. Don’t know what caused it this time but I noticed it while I was still spraying it on and couldn’t get them to fill in before it had dried too much to correct. I’ll be sure to clean it with soap and...
  5. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update: Dammit Borderlands 3. Why did you have to release while I am trying to finish my PS2GO? Uploading some pics of the first and second layers of paint. The first layer revealed that the paint did not have enough viscosity to fill in some of the first layer defects caused by my print...
  6. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Thanks! The main thing for more sanding is getting rid of the rest of the layer lines. I've been using 220 grit up to this point so the 1000 is more to smooth some of the grooves created by the 220 grit more than anything else. Thanks! After I printed the buttons I decided that I was going to...
  7. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update: Grabbed some pics of the case before I started sanding... and sanding... and sanding... Ended up having to reprint the top after sanding...:angry: ... I was a little careless and broke a few of the mount posts. Tried glueing and heat welding them back on but they weren’t strong enough...
  8. hazardousracerx

Worklog My PS2 portable project

Based on the pictures you posted previously, it looks like some of your controller wiring might be shorting together when you close the case and cram everything together. Some if the pics get a little blurry when zoomed in so I cannot tell for sure, but there seems to be an excess of exposed...
  9. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update: I have nearly completed the case design and have done some test fitments on printed parts. I'll grab some shots of the finalized prints before I do any sanding or painting, but I have attached some renders from Fusion 360. When I'm finished with everything, I will post the full Fusion...
  10. hazardousracerx

Question Combining screen controls with standard buttons

Bluetooth board is a good theoretical idea, but most of them introduce an audio lag because of the processing required . Makes for a bad gaming/video experience to have audio .5 sec (or more) out of sync. If you can find the right one it might be ok though. Every one I have used has the lag.
  11. hazardousracerx

Question Combining screen controls with standard buttons

You could use a Teensy LC to look at button combos and output to the screen driver board the desired action. I'm not familiar with all PS2 games, but there must be a common button combo that none of them use in game that could "activate" the screen controls. Use the Teensy to activate a...
  12. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update: Made some twisted pairs for the video lines and now have a clean steady screen image. Thanks for the suggestions! Next up is getting a controller wired in to play with the settings and see if I can get rid of the green tint (either that or one of the RGB channels is not connected...
  13. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Thanks! Thanks. I scraped the mask off the board closer to the edge so I wasn't soldering directly to the pin. In the pic its hidden under the 8.5V line. Once I moved the video lines to the top and got intermittent video, I was getting audio also, but disconnected it to troubleshoot video...
  14. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

I'll give it a shot after work tonight, but just to clarify, each signal wire individually twisted with a ground wire, or all 3 signals and a single ground?
  15. hazardousracerx

Worklog PS2Go

Update and problem fix suggestions: I trimmed the PS2 Mobo following the guide and verified there are no shorts although I might have cut a little close. The PS2 will power up and I get an intermittent video signal to the display. I have attached some pics to show the wiring but I made...