Recent content by HapticNoise

1. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Well. I found it. I don’t know how I managed to miss this the entire time. So should I just cut off the U8, or what? Pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that that’s possible if you just bridge certain pins on the PIF. What do? I don’t remember what rev this is exactly, it’s been a while since I’ve...
  2. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Also, is it necessary to sand down the grounding strips as well? There’s kind of a lot of hot glue on the left hand side from where I might have adhered it to the new case before properly testing anything
  3. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Okay great, thanks! Will report back
  4. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Okay, thanks guys! I’ll give it a go, what grits are best when sanding? I know I have some 80 grit laying around, not sure what I have in the finer grits, I’m not home atm
  5. Question Making a really strange sound...?

The power supply is from an Asus laptop, rated at 19VDC/3A, and I step it down to 12V before sending half to the console and half to another converter to go down to 3.3V. No, I honestly didn’t sand anything. I didn’t really think it would be an issue with how conservative a trim it is, but I...
  6. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Sure. It’s all kind of a mess right now, but here it is. If you need a clearer picture of anything let me know. The only things on the back are the red wire going to the 3.3v trace and 3 small wires for controller connectivity, disconnected at the moment
  7. Question Making a really strange sound...?

Hey all, first time poster here. After spending lots of time lurking modretro (RIP) and watching lots of people’s YouTube videos of their projects, I decided to try something on my own console. It was kind of sitting around collecting dust and I had been looking for a neat hobby. So several...