Recent content by goosewerks

1. goosewerks

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] DS Lite XL

Looking forward to this! I have a donor DSi XL from someone and have been wanting to make use of the screens.
  2. goosewerks

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] GBA XL SP

Did you have any issues with your screen kit not working without the extension? I’ve got the same setup (FP DSi kit and the 32/34 adapter) but it will not allow the SP to boot. Looking forward to your progress!
  3. goosewerks

2021 Contest Entry: TiGER (SNES) Handheld (Portable)

SNES Portable Update: -Improved front panel, inspiration for drop in button sections from @xipher_design -LCD screen surround added, screw holes for a screen holder bracket -Speaker holes enlarged to 29mm -SNES motherboard fits in rear shell, AV out should have been 12mm the OTHER way...
  4. goosewerks

Absolutely (not). RGBDRV might be compatible though, so yes, maybe. I'm fine with composite for SNES SFC, but RGB would have been really cool. Maybe down the line?
  5. goosewerks

Got the 7" LCD in from Amazon ($35 special). It can do 4:3 or 16:9 which was a deciding factor as I couldn't find a larger 4:3 specific LCD for a good price. Ran it on 12V, found the 5V point and now it works on 5V. Need to tweak the viewable area just a tiny bit, measure and model the...
  6. goosewerks

Solved Trying to Power a Raspberry Pi and 5" LCD Screen with 1 Battery

That might be a general shipping frame for sales overseas. I know I'm CONUS and they always get to me in a very reasonable amount of time.
  7. goosewerks

I think we are talking about two different things. Helder ships from the USA and they're not as expensive as the PowerBoost 1000C.
  8. goosewerks

You need a RetroPSU from Helder. It'll power everything without low power warnings.
  9. goosewerks

I'm going to inlay it ~ 1mm around the screen and see what I can come up with for that aesthetic. I'm also debating shrinking the visible area to a 4:3 ratio (if the screen saves aspect ratio) and getting a wild surround going.
  10. goosewerks

Top and bottom shells printed for initial fitment. Need to redo dpad now that I got a SFC controller in the mail to harvest parts. Need to add standoffs for the SNES board to attach to the rear shell. Need to add standoffs for the front to attach to the rear. Thinking of making outer holes...
  11. goosewerks

Worklog Wii Micro with Noldendo case

I like this trim a lot. What are the overall dimensions of it?
  12. goosewerks

INTRODUCTION ========================= I recently was given a SNES console from a coworker because their child didn't want it anymore (no class, no taste) and I knew it was destined for one of my fever dream semi-well executed ideas. Why not make a SNES portable using a FULL SNES board so it's...
  13. goosewerks

Which usb drive to use.

Google "fcr-mrg2" for more.
  14. goosewerks

Worklog GB64 - No Trim Portrait Handheld

Trying these fpc breakouts. They're 2.54mm so they line up with the cart slot without issue and are much easier to solder than the 48 individual wires. As far as pin order, my smooth brain is assuming that as long as the breakouts are aligned the same, there will be no issues with backwards...
  15. goosewerks

RVLoader v2.0

Just installed over BBLoader, works great! Love the additional menus and features. Tried GC and Wii games to success. Need to try emulators and other stuff later. Looking forward to themes!