Recent content by Gonjona

1. Gonjona

Best Flex PCB manufacturers

Thank you so much actually, GoldPhoenix should be really great to get some samples since with PCBway it seems like I'm spending like $150 minimum.
  2. Gonjona

Best Flex PCB manufacturers

Hi, I am looking to get a flex PCB made for a project I'm doing, and I'm kinda at a loss as to where to get it produced. JLCPCB has been my go-to for regular PCBs for a long time due to their unbeatable prices and high quality and fast turnaround times. But they don't offer flex PCB services...
  3. Gonjona

Question Original DS Controller Mod

I'm looking at making a mod to use a SNES controller on a DS. I'm familiar with interfacing the button test pads on the DS, I'm mainly just interested in what I could use as a compact way to interpret the signal from a SNES controller and break that out into separate wires connecting to each...
  4. Gonjona

Worklog My First Portable (Wii)

Yeah so I wired the wii power supply directly into the regulators. Around the same voltage values, with the 1.15v reg is outputting about 1.3v and that is not a typo. When i turned on the wii this time, the lines were all ok, but the 1.15v line dropped even lower to about 0.2 volts, and that...
  5. Gonjona

Worklog Nintendo Swiitch V2.5 - BocuD's third Wii Portable

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT REGULATORS BETTER THAN PTH???? I must know more.
  6. Gonjona

Hates PTHs

Hates PTHs
  7. Gonjona

Worklog Nintendo Swiitch V2.5 - BocuD's third Wii Portable

This is.... arousing.
  8. Gonjona

Worklog My First Portable (Wii)

After nearly a year of fucking around with custom regulators due to a poor understanding of how they work, I finally have resumed work on this wii. I have as suggested above, went with a 4 layer board. I successfully performed the u10 relocation before the trim. I then proceeded to do the...
  9. Gonjona

Solved Fixing failed u10 relocation

Thanks for that guide link, I got it working. Once I gave it 3.3v it booted up fine. Gonna leave this photo here for other people, since it seemed pretty convenient to grab 3.3v from this capacitor C47 near the memory card port.
  10. Gonjona

Solved Fixing failed u10 relocation

So I just relocated the u10 on an un trimmed board. I followed the instructions on the trim guide, and now when I turn on the Wii I see this: I have the USB drive plugged in, which worked perfectly before. It appears that I lifted this pad: Additionally, I didn't lift the pads that were...
  11. Gonjona

Discussion DS TV out

I've been researching the process of doing a TV out mod from a DS (likely RGB, but a component/composite option would be nice too). I have dug up seemingly all of the information available, which is all around 10 years old. Here is the main one...
  12. Gonjona

Question USB Charging on portable Wii

Most of the recent wii portables I've been seeing are using USB charging. How is that working, and is there a new charging solution I don't know about? Is it just using a step up converter to be able to charge with 5v? Also I've had it up to here with the PTHs and if there's any other way (if...
  13. Gonjona

Guide Easy way to replace DS fuses.

We've all come across a DS or two with a blown fuse. I know I have. It's such an easy fix but I'm just not good enough at soldering to replace that tiny thing. The solution? Add legs! It's a pretty stupid fix but it works, and at least on the Phat DS, there's plenty of space for it. I just...
  14. Gonjona

Question TI Reg outputting 0.767 volts

Should I remove the legs? They're surface mounted all weirdly so I thought they might be a heatsink or something.