gnarlynick

I am a lifetime gamer, had an NES as far back as I can remember and never stopped playing to this day. I also collect retro video games and consoles, owning 20 different home consoles, 9 portables, and +670 physical games between them. Since having a son and the hectic life that brings, portable gaming has fallen more in favor with my waning free time, allowing me to pickup and play games whenever I am able. I am also pursuing a BS in software development.

I have always been interested in the console/portable modding scene and have performed numerous mods to my consoles such as adding composite A/V output to both an Intellivision I and Intellivision II console. I've also performed a component output mod to my N64 and various backlighting mods to a Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy Advance systems (AGB-001).

The first full-fledged portable that I've built and completed was a completely custom Gameboy Zero back in 2016 which utilized a Raspberry Pi Zero within a Gameboy (DMG) shell. Furthermore, I've since made two Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 portables within Gameboy (DMG) and Gameboy Advance (AGB-001) shells; however, these were less-involved than the Gameboy Zero build and mostly required case modifications.

Back in 2016, I had planned on utilizing a Wii U gamepad in conjunction with a stripped-down Raspberry Pi 3, but abandoned that project in favor of others. After learning of the BitBuilt community, I have revived the Wii U gamepad project and plan on portabalizing a Wii motherboard into it for portable GameCube purposes.
Birthday
Aug 6, 1987 (Age: 36)
Portables
Occupation
Software Test Engineer