Recent content by Fiddlesticks

1. Fiddlesticks

Fiddlesticks’s Twilight Princess G-Boy

I shortened up the exposed wire, but no change.
  2. Fiddlesticks

Oh no. I’ll trim those up. If they did end up touching, would that mean the usbc or power board would be broken now?
  3. Fiddlesticks

Well. I replaced all the wires with colorful wires to make sure i didnt switch anything around wrong. Still no charging and no fan. I have no idea what to do now.
  4. Fiddlesticks

Hello, been a while but im still working on this. I still havnt been able to get the fan to work or to get the charge working. I tried replacing the charge and corresponding ground wires but no change. Im not sure if im missing something obvious. Im going to replace all the other wires 1 by 1...
  5. Fiddlesticks

Ok. So when i got to wiring 5v step, i saw that the charge ground in the manual was going to a different ground (the same way as the +charge). I thought that was a bit cleaner since the wires would be going the same way and decided to move the ground wire. When i did a test of it, the fan wasnt...
  6. Fiddlesticks

Thanks Gman! Thats a relief!
  7. Fiddlesticks

Continuing our adventure! I received new batteries and was finally able to test the fan and it worked! Woo! I started on the next step of preparing the LCD. I removed the inductor as directed by step 1 and had a brief issue. I accidentally unsoldered C134 as well! After a brief panic attack, i...
  8. Fiddlesticks

Happy almost Turkey day! I managed to make some more progress. I finished the wii prep. Full disclosure, it did not turn out pretty and I am a bit concerned I did some irreparable damage to the wii. I had to upgrade my soldering iron halfway through because it was burning the board! I knew that...
  9. Fiddlesticks

So when i started the u10 relocation, when it came off it looks like one of the legs popped off. Ive read that i could also use the u9 instead. Would that cause any problems?
  10. Fiddlesticks

Hi Stitches, should i just pull them off with pliers or should i be more delicate?
  11. Fiddlesticks

Back! I did my first trim! I was fairly nervous, so i think i may have cut farther away in some cases. I am also a little concerned about 2 things. First in photo 1, the capacitors and such that were supposed to be removed were less than eager to go an tried to take the green with them! Will...
  12. Fiddlesticks

Discussion French Fries on Burgers? (And Other Weird Food Combinations)

Im late to the party, but in my family we eat pot pie with cottage cheese. Never found anyone else that would eat it but its actually delicious. Everyone ive convinced to try it swears by it!
  13. Fiddlesticks

Hallo all! I am finally at the point that I think I can start a worklog! I received my gboy kit a couple months ago and have been using my weekends to figure out the software parts. I wanted to do right and get my isos from my own gamecube collection and it was lots of fun figuring out how to...
  14. Fiddlesticks

Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

BBLoader version: v1.1 Description of issue: Cant get past the loading screen. When i boot in it stays in the loading screen for a second and then kicks me back to the homebrew menu. If i select bbloader from there it will go on the loading screen for a second and then back to the homebrew...
  15. Fiddlesticks

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Call me Fiddlesticks! I dabble in alot of different projects! Ive stepped away from electronics for a while; been learning woodworking lately to be able to make a gigantic working Gameboy sp coffee table (question... how big can a system be before its no longer portable?). Anyways I wanted to...