Recent content by Feedback_Loop

1. Feedback_Loop

Worklog Ashida Wii-First Portable

Thank you, I did learn a lot from this project, so at least that wasn't a loss. I would post some pictures but they wouldn't do much since the outward appearance of everything is fine, and I wired everything correctly since it worked before. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
  2. Feedback_Loop

It's looking pretty bad. Basically about a week ago I had it all working, audio everything, then I went to close up the system, and while managing cables and checking it still worked every minute or so, it stopped working. I started getting a purpleish screen and the wii wasnt booting. I had no...
  3. Feedback_Loop

Project is dead. Thanks everyone for all the help
  4. Feedback_Loop

apparently i didnt learn my lesson because it happened again, do you know what the function of this resistor is? edit fixed it with the help of Gman
  5. Feedback_Loop

Luckily I didnt mess up wiring the resistors that I already scewed up. This is sort of a mini update to make sure i did this correctly. I am getting my screen and buttons on monday and will do a much larger update then. also what voltage of usb-c charger does the ashida support? I have a couple...
  6. Feedback_Loop

Worklog Ashida: A Worklog (feat. My First Portable)

It’s Beautiful
  7. Feedback_Loop

Thanks @Wesk thats really good to hear. I will be cleaning it thoroughly once I pick up some isopropyl alcohol, i accidentally bought 70% which could have been bad
  8. Feedback_Loop

Just finished trimming my wii motherboard and I feel pretty good about the results. Just wanted to make sure this is okay though, i went a bit outside the lines to be careful also i assume this is okay but I just wanted to make sure that these copper traces going through the motherboard...
  9. Feedback_Loop

Thank you so much Gman
  10. Feedback_Loop

Okay I will work on that, and I am still waiting on flux to arrive in the mail, I should have waited to work on this Do I only need a resistor for SCW? I am going to remove the one on SDW as well since I dont think I can salvage it. And how do I know the exact wiring for the resistor, do i just...
  11. Feedback_Loop

i think i just ruined my pms. when wiring scw and sdw some solder got stuck to these two points, one is now disconnected and one of them has solder between the two points and I dont think I can fix it. is there anything I can do? edit: i think i lost the other one
  12. Feedback_Loop

Worklog MP3's Ashida Worklog

That is a beautiful case, and the button choice makes it awesome. I kinda wish I would have gone transparent from pcbway like you, even though you did say there were a few scratches I think the look makes up for it
  13. Feedback_Loop

Thanks for the help! Pretty good amount of progress made Now I just need to wait until I have my wii mobo trimmed and for my screen and volume wheel to get here and i can hopefully make a lot more! A few more questions as well With the 5v point circled, what is that used for? I assume I dont...
  14. Feedback_Loop

Thanks for the help! Another question. This is my solder for 3v on the PMS and I was just unsure if this is acceptable or if it needs to be two seperate solder points? What I did in this photo was split my wire into 3 sections, thread one through each point, and solder it all together, will...
  15. Feedback_Loop

Quick questions: I looked around but was unsure how the u10 emulation works. Would you recommend using this feature? If so, my understanding is that you wire from the pms u10 solder point, then to the point on the wii board where the actual u10 wire goes? Is this accurate or no? (Nvm found...