Recent content by Dustin Fisher

1. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

holy crap this thread really exploded a bit. I kinda just left it here after I finished my version but I'm so glad that so many people are using this! your G-boy looks absolutely stunning. I gotta know, where did you get the case manufactured? It looks absolutely flawless and I really want to...
  2. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

I modified the mounting plate for the driver so it has the appropriate holes for mounting the newer driver board and the older style one as well. In my final version I ended up going for an upgraded screen that I saw was recommended by many people on this forum which is why the driver board is...
  3. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

should just be a basic 2 layer board. all the cheapest options should work just fine
  4. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

Sure! I suppose I should've sent my photos with my previous post. Sorry about that.
  5. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

So, it turns out I cant upload my fusion 360 file since its too large. is there a way around that?
  6. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

Sorry for the radio silence! I have been working on making the pcb files from scratch and making sure that they work before I released I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I did need to modify the STL files that G-man provided as well to adjust mounting holes and I, unfortunately, needed to...
  7. Dustin Fisher

Question GC+ Data Line Stuck at 3.3v

Boy have I learned a lot over the past couple of days! I believe I have narrowed down exactly where the issue is but I still have a few questions. To back up a bit though, I decided to use a spare Gamecube controller that I had and that I knew worked to verify that the Wii was not accepting any...
  8. Dustin Fisher

so, I just double-checked my u10 install, and all checks out. 3.3v and ground are not shorted on the chip and have continuity to their proper rails. on power up, it also gets appropriate voltage. the output is also not shorted anywhere. is there a threshold for the output of the signal? As I...
  9. Dustin Fisher

so, there should be a voltage on the p1 line even when the gc+ is not connected? I thought data communication was one way. I can verify that the p1 via is at 3.2v which is the same as my 3.3v line. I dont have access to an oscilloscope at the moment to check for any data that way but I would...
  10. Dustin Fisher

Thanks for the response! I just tested to make sure I'm getting 3.3v on the GC+ and the connection between the GC+ data line and the P1 via is good and checks out.
  11. Dustin Fisher

Also, I wanted to mention that I checked the voltage at the via that's attached to the u10 chip and it measures at 3.15V
  12. Dustin Fisher

Hey all, I have been looking around the forum for quite a while now looking for a solution but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck so far. I have been working on a modified version of the Gboy for the past couple of weeks and I just got around to installing my GC+ 2.0 and hooking controls...
  13. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

I have been looking more into this and started the process of making new pcbs that will work for this application. In doing some searching I discovered a site called 4layer tech (https://4layertech.com/collections/all) that is made by some members of this community that sells some pretty vital...
  14. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

Gotcha, I figured that may be the case. I am honestly down to do that but I figured I'd check first before I dug in. Thanks for the quick reply!
  15. Dustin Fisher

G-Boy PCB Files?

Hey all, I was hoping to make a G-Boy to get back into this hobby. I had tried to make a portable Wii in the past and got it electronically working great but my case design skills were lacking. I would like to make a G-Boy to have some fun with and I have already found the STL files posted by...