Recent content by Dr._Mobo

1. Dr._Mobo

Model Wii SPii CAD Files

What do you mean when you say "through" the hinge? Where are you using the grub screws? Are you using 2 grub screws per hinge (one on the bottom half and one on the screen half)? I attached a screenshot from your demo video of something that looks like it could be a grub screw, but not sure.
  2. Dr._Mobo

Model Wii SPii CAD Files

I know I am bumping a pretty old thread here, but has anyone attempted building this portable? I designed my own case that uses GBA SP hinges and based my hinge design off this case, but my hinges do not seem to hold their position. I am thinking it may be because my printer is not capable of...
  3. Dr._Mobo

Solved GameCube portable overheating?

Thanks for your reply! I found a GC fan I had lying around and used it with a trimmed heat sink and that solved the issue.
  4. Dr._Mobo

Update, I took apart the whole project and tried using some different thermal paste. It seemed like it lasted longer, but still had an overheating issue. Does anyone know if a fan will fix this problem or do I have a bad cube?
  5. Dr._Mobo

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a GameCube portable (might make a work log later). The portable is almost closed up, but after around 10 minutes to 15 minutes of gameplay, I get a disk read error. When it happened yesterday I tried turning it off and back on again and it didn’t even...
  6. Dr._Mobo

Solved Wasp fusion solid blue light

SOLVED:reflowing the solder over all the mega drive pins did the trick! I think one of the wasp’s pins must have had a less than ideal connection to the GC despite showing continuity on the multimeter.
  7. Dr._Mobo

Solved Wasp fusion solid blue light

Hello all, I have a wasp fusion that has been hooked up to my GameCube using a Megadrive V5. When I tested it a couple weeks ago, it was working perfectly. I left it alone for a couple weeks, and when I came back to the project it stopped working. When an SD card is inserted, i get a solid...
  8. Dr._Mobo

Question GameCube Audio issues

Hello everyone! The audio on my GameCube is very high pitched and distorted. I tried soldering directly to the AV chip on the GameCube and it did not help. Originally, the audio was so faint I could barely hear it. Buying a new audio amp made the sound much louder. I tried changing out my audio...
  9. Dr._Mobo

Protection Circuit?

So, if I use 1 3200 mah liPo battery it will be fine? Also, what would happen if I tried charging two in parallel? I am well aware of the dangers of incorrect battery usage but It would be great to have 6400 mah...
  10. Dr._Mobo

Protection Circuit?

OK, so I bought a cheap 5 volt power bank designed for charging phones. Inside it was a 3.7 volt, 2200 mah lithium ion battery and a protection circuit that boosts the output to 5 volts. Can I hook up a different battery to the circuit? I have some 3.7 volt, 3200mah lipo batteries that I'd like...
  11. Dr._Mobo

Question Swiss, Audio, and Bootup issues

OK. I have tried using different host and sd card ffc cables, as well as different wasp fusions and it is still not getting past the 100 percent executed screen. bios battery also still not working despite the fact my multimeter says the GC is getting 2-3 volts. Could the bios battery issue and...
  12. Dr._Mobo

I checked the continuity from the megadrive to the ICs and everything checks out, but the games still load to 100 percent then never execute. The blue tab on my sd card card ffc cable came off, so i have been carefully lining the cable to the blue tab when plugging it in. Also, some of the pins...
  13. Dr._Mobo

Are you saying I check continuity from disc drive pins to alternative pins on those small chips? Am I supposed to be checking continuity with the thing on top of the mobo as well?I'm not sure what that is, but if it has something to do with the installation process I used a megadrive as opposed...
  14. Dr._Mobo

I have not checked for continuity for all the disc drive pins. I downloaded swiss_r382.7z from github, which I'm pretty sure is the newest one. I did use win32disk imager to load the iso. I picked my SD card as the device, picked the recovery iso as the file, then pressed the "Write" button...
  15. Dr._Mobo

Is the SD card with the iso formatted to fat32 as well? I tried to load it onto an sd card via win32diskimager and it shows up on the game select screen, but every time I select it the screen just goes black. The screen does flash on for a second like its trying to do something but never shows...