Recent content by doulomb

1. WTB: RVL PMS and U-Amp

I have one available.
  2. Worklog My first portable

VGA output is a go, I also have the LCD driver modified to run on 3.3v supply thanks to some help from another thread by Louii. Three main things left to do: 1)Audio 2)Controls 3) Sanding and fitting the components in the case. I'm going to work on getting the first 2 done because I'd like...
  3. Worklog My first portable

Since the last time I posted many things have happened. I killed the wii board and the regulators but thankfully in the mean time my RVL PMS got here, as well as the gorgeous 3d model I borrowed from predue, the LCD screen and driver too. I bought a new wii yesterday afternoon and between then...
  4. Worklog My first portable

Is it not the same panel as the one he linked? https://www.buydisplay.com/5-inch-lcd-screen-tft-module-800x480-vga-video-av-driver-board Thanks.
  5. Question conections

Heres what I did: I went to my local used games shops/pawn shops and I asked them to sell me a non-white wii with gamecube ports. They went in the back, found one that met the description and I bought it for $20. This is probably your best bet to get a cheap 4 layer quickly. Then you don't have...
  6. Worklog My first portable

I started work on my first portable a few weeks ago and one dead board later I finally have a setup that boots to portabilize-me post-trim. Currently using 4x pth08080wad regulators to power the system and I've left the AV socket on for now to help with testing. I do have an RVL PMS coming so I...
  7. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi I'm doulomb and I was inspired to start building my own portable after seeing the Altoids tin portable as well as MadMorda's "worlds smallest gamecube". I just got mine to boot to the portabilize me menu for the first time post-trim.