Recent content by DekuNut

1. DekuNut

Worklog Second try at Wii Portable

Yeah already suspected that so I put kapton tape on the rf shield. Also, if Bluetooth is enabled and the module isn't connected it's supposed to be a black screen right? Because it booted into a game while testing. Both halves of the case are now printed and just have to be sanded and repaired a...
  2. DekuNut

Worklog AWiiDA, my first wii portable (wii-themed ashida)

Additionally would highly recommend magnet wire as the typical single strand wire is bigger than both traces together which makes it impossible to solder to the individual traces.
  3. DekuNut

Finished up my Bluetooth wiring but I am afraid that I don't have any camera that is able to take a good enough picture of that, is there anywhere that I should measure for shorts? I already measured both points to ground, 3.3v and each other and they weren't shorted in any of those cases.
  4. DekuNut

Alright, the top half is now printing, praying that my poor ender won't mess it up!
  5. DekuNut

Started designing the case today, am almost finished with the top part but don't know how long I will have to make it so the bottom side is still open.
  6. DekuNut

Well these gc sticks are more a backup plan anyway, I will still keep the ds buttons so it will kind of be a hybrid I guess. Also, I've never actually held an oem gc controller and don't have any sticks on hand. They seem really expensive on ebay(last time I checked) for good condition ones at...
  7. DekuNut

Small Update again, turns out I had to reflow the PIC on the gc+ board as some of the pins didn't quite make a connection, now all the buttons are working and after configuring TTYD it also booted just fine. The dimensions for the DS lite buttons are also fine now, but I just entirely gave up on...
  8. DekuNut

I already have a couple rolls of magnet wire but I just dont like using it as its hard for me to see them. The connections are really just for testing, once I got the case design done I will rewire everything in the case.
  9. DekuNut

Here are some pics of the wiring, I sincerely apologize for any nightmares this will cause you. Also the GC Data wire came undone while taking these photos. And anyone that's considering buying a family edition beware that all the vias have solder mask on top of them so you will have to scratch...
  10. DekuNut

So turns out that you shouldn't really solder whilst having a cold and it being late at night as I connected 3.3v to 3.3v instead of to mode.... After correcting that, VGA works kinda, sometimes the Wii just boots up fine, sometimes theres a grey-ish rectangle on the right and sometimes the...
  11. DekuNut

Small update, my custom GC+ board seems to work fine, allthough at first it didn't, seems like rvloader only works on port 1, the goal of these 2 boards, which are actually the same board, was that I could place one order for both the dpad and abxy buttons and have the gc+ integrated in one of...
  12. DekuNut

Basically the title. Bog standard portable with bog standard features. - PMS 2 Lite - 5 inch IPS Screen - 12v PD Trigger Board - 35mm Copper Heatsink + Fan Combo - Joycon Sticks + Buttons mounted on custom GC+ board - PAM8803 Audio Amp(don't really care about sound quality) with Nintendo Switch...
  13. DekuNut

Question Weird PMS-Lite Behaviour

Good to know!
  14. DekuNut

Is there any reason for this? The PSU certainly is capable of delivering enough voltage and current and the PMS shouldn't try to charge the psu without anything attached to the charge terminals. But I will certainly try attaching the batteries now EDIT: Well I'll be damned, CrazyGadget was...
  15. DekuNut

After killing my first trimmed Wii and taking a long hiatus, I figured I should try to trim a Wii again. Did the trim, sanded, checked resistances and everything seemed fine. However the bloody thing wouldn't boot! When powering it via my psu set to 3.7v it turned on for a second and then...