Recent content by deezy

1. deezy

Worklog The Grippii

Has it really been since August... oh boy. Lost motivation for whatever reason and hadn't touched the project in a while, so I decided to do a little test print for fun. It's not ready to build yet but I'm super happy with the shape and feel! SNES dpad was an excellent choice. Here's some pics...
  2. deezy

Worklog The Grippii

The shoulder buttons work! I'm really happy with how these feel, especially for a first pass.I might replace Z with a clicky button though, it's a bit weird to go from squishy Z to clicky R.
  3. deezy

Worklog The Grippii

This was a lot more work than I thought it would be... but it's coming along! I've added a lot of detail to the face, including bezels, speaker grills, etc. Needless to say this thing will be a hell of a print: I'm still working on the shoulders, these seem to be the toughest mechanical...
  4. deezy

Model TMHF07 Dual Action Tactile Switch

Hey, this is really good. I got my dual tacts a few days ago and checked them against your model. It's almost perfect, but the extrusion of the button is off by about 0.5 mm I made a quick edit to your model to get that part right, here's the STL
  5. deezy

Worklog The Grippii

The Grippii is my twist on a G-Wii style portable. The defining feature being the switch pro controller grips, of course. I'm going for comfort above all else, and my goal is to have the end result feel like a pro/GC controller. The design still needs a lot of tidying up, but I have the shell...
  6. deezy

Model Switch Pro Controller Grip Insert

PLA grips don't feel great to hold for long periods of time IMO, they get too warm and slippery. The pro controller grips have a nice textured plastic which I'd much rather use in my portable. So I modeled this to accept the OEM grips. Figured I would drop it here if anyone else has a use for...
  7. deezy

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi everyone, I'm deezy. Been interested in making a Wii portable for a long time, finally decided to start buying parts and tools now that I'm stuck at home. I'm an EE, but I work mainly with RF stuff. Haven't touched power/digital since college, so I have a lot to refresh on. Will hopefully...