Recent content by Davve_DP

1. Discussion Announcing Hiidra

Perhaps you could consider asking for support on GBAtemp. There are plenty of guys who know their stuff over there and seen as it’s open source I don’t see why not. Just an idea
  2. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Sorry for the shitty picture. The angle it's takem from makes it hard to see. But the wire is connected to the right pin. I cant find any continuity between the pin on U10 and the via the trace leads to. I also tried the wifi module; no success. The only conclusions I can draw now are these...
  3. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Sorry for no updates but there hasn't been much happening I'm afraid. I decided to scrap my first attempt and move on to my second one. This time however I'm using an RVK-01 board. I've just completed the U10 relocation and checked continuity on the ground pins on the U10 and my trace is cut +...
  4. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

When I say button I mean the tact switch required for the PMS to work.
  5. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

So I've been busy with other things lately, mainly the new addition to our family (a puppy). But I finally came back with some motivation to troubleshoot this thing. After all I still have plenty of wiis to go through :) So I checked my voltages and they all seem fine. The PMS is doing a...
  6. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

So first test was, as kinda expected, a discouraging failure. Absolutely no signal. After I flicked my power switch I thought I was good but then I burnt my hand on something and I saw smoke coming from somewhere. I instantly panicked and disconnected the battery and it stopped. Could it be a...
  7. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

And how does one go about doing this? Do I just connect a wire from where I attached the cable to the board to ground?
  8. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

So after being away for 2 days I finally finished wiring everything up. While doing this I realised that I need to work on my soldering. Not that the results are terrible, but I’m struggling to tin my iron for some reason. Not sure if Weller’s ET-tips work differently but together with some flux...
  9. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Thanks a lot Ginger for the clarification! I actually decided to get myself some battery holders since I don't have a very wide soldering tip yet and the holders were like 1.5 bucks or something. This also lets me swap them with ease down the line assuming I don't have another portable that I'm...
  10. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Been waiting for my superglue to dry all day. Meanwhile I’ve been hard at work on a case for my portable. As I was doing that many ideas popped up in my head, for example a dock. I’ve figured most of it out but I was meaning to ask you guys if you know if any of the unused pins on the AV port...
  11. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Ahh that’s what I thought. In that case I might hopefully be able to get everything hooked up pretty soon. More pics on their way
  12. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Here it is! My first-ever trimmed Wii! Plus accessories: Still a long way to go but finally some results. I really wanna test this thing once I fix the Bluetooth again. The only problem is that I don’t understand where to connect the wires from my custom regulators to the board. Do I just...
  13. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

That's what I'm planning to do but I'm not sure It'll work. Are there any traces or important components in this area? *Inside the blue lines* The bit on my dremel is really wide so my cuts arent as clean and I'm afraid of destoying my board. I'll buy the bits before I start trimming just...
  14. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Alright. Yeah I've stocked up on a litre of IPA but unfortunately I think my cutting blades are too wide to cut off the AV-port. If you look at the trim guide the margin is basically non-existant. So I would need a really thin blade and the one I'm using is like 1,5mm. I did however cut off the...
  15. Worklog First Wii Portable (unnamed so far)

Ehe. I kinda fucked my regulators on the wii by practising my desoldering on them. It helped tremendously in removing U10 but now I can't test things until after I trim. I'm just going in. Btw, do you guys recommend washing the board with water after trimming? And scrubbing it? How do you clean...