Recent content by Dave Mackintosh

1. Dave Mackintosh

The 2DC - Completed

Damn. This is awesome! Good work dude
  2. Dave Mackintosh

Worklog *Classic* Squiiffer

Looking cool so far Deo but those thumbs. Cotdayum.
  3. Dave Mackintosh

Damn. Your thumb can bend!
  4. Dave Mackintosh

The PS2 Razer

Wut? :rothink:
  5. Dave Mackintosh

PS2 controller PCB files

That's a capacitor, on the 3.3v line to smooth it out.
  6. Dave Mackintosh

PS2 controller PCB files

Oh I agree, FFC all the way. Not always easy to solder though, especially with smaller pitches.
  7. Dave Mackintosh

PS2 controller PCB files

Not sure we'd do an FFC version but it'll be super easy to solder, easier than solder pasting an FFC connector to any PCB. I arrogantly destroyed 2 FFC connectors on Friday trying to hand solder them lol.
  8. Dave Mackintosh

PS2 controller PCB files

All written in C.
  9. Dave Mackintosh

PS2 controller PCB files

There aren't any out there but I'm working with Gman and Chaos on PS2+ which will be open source. We're using a PIC16F18876 which has everything needed built in (apart from a couple optional components for rumble)
  10. Dave Mackintosh

Worklog PS2WP

Hoowee, my boards came in and damn. I think I can still use this to dev with, that is the underside of the chip (with the original on top to check it's footprint). Hand measured those pitches and I think I'm 0.1mm off. This is the top side of the board and the footprint for my FFC is spot...
  11. Dave Mackintosh

Worklog The littleBIG Boy

Yeah, I get that lol. That's fair enough. Really excited to see where this goes!
  12. Dave Mackintosh

Ahh, you and I are aiming for the same thing. Nice work, love the layout. You thought of doing a custom PCB to drive the screen to save space?
  13. Dave Mackintosh

Where are the batteries going to go?
  14. Dave Mackintosh

The PS2 Razer

Ooeerr ;) Jokes aside. This is incredible work as always. Everything about this is just incredibly well done.
  15. Dave Mackintosh

*knock knock* _We're agents from the NSA. We would like to see your bomb._